Country Top Ratings Stat Attack

I have just crawled through the ‘Most Ratings by Country’ listings and found myself in some interesting positions: take a look to see if you turn up somewhere unexpected.

Trinidad & Tobago; nine rates and I am number ONE! I did have a holiday there once and did try and drink everything I found.

Falklands; two rates = 2nd most rater, I have a friend who got them for me.

Isle of Man; 23 rates gets me on the list in equal 7th place, one trip for a week and covering the annual CAMRA Beer Festival accounts for almost all of those rates.

Luxembourg; 31 rates has got me to 9th place overall, been a few times and have friends who live there.

I also appear on both the Kenya and Monacolists because of visits to those countries. England and Wales will also find me, but I expected those two because of where I live and drink mostly.

Fun, easy Stat Attack, please join in.

<*))))))><

I’m in 4th place for Vanuatu due to a holiday there. Didn’t try particularly hard for ticks. Probably could have made number one pretty easily but there were much better things to do than search out more terrible lagers.

1 Like

Bonaire: Tied for first with 39 other people at one rating! :joy:

As for ones that actually took some effort:

:albania: Albania: 16 ratings, 7th place
:bahamas: Bahamas: 8 ratings, tied for 11th place
:bulgaria: Bulgaria: 14 ratings, tied for 35th place
:cn: China: 65 ratings, 13th place
:greece: Greece: 39 ratings, tied for 47th place
:hong_kong: Hong Kong: 53 ratings, 5th place
:hungary: Hungary: 112 ratings, 31st place
:ireland: Ireland: 82 ratings, 50th place
:kenya: Kenya: 14 ratings, 4th place
:portugal: Portugal: 72 ratings, 16th place

2 Likes

not surprising:

#4 in Liechtenstein
#7 in Switzerland,
#12 in Austria.

a bit surprising:
#5 in North Korea.

1 Like

Greece 126 ratings, #6 rater (have family there so we visit every other year or so).
Indonesia 16 ratings, #6 rater (one visit, 9 years ago already)
Liberia, 1 rating, tied #1 with at least 30 others. Brought by a colleague, shared at RBESG 09 grand tasting.
Suriname, 4 ratings, tied #2 with 2 others. Never been there, but thanks to our former foreign policy we have quite a few former Surinam residents in NL and the accompanying shops that sell Surinamese products
New Caledonia, 3 ratings, tied #7 with 13 others, thanks to Travlr who brought these gems to RBESG 17.

2 Likes

I’m on top 50 list for
Bahamas
San Marino
Kosovo

Bahamas I’m middle of pack used to be near top but a brewpub opened since my last visit enabling way more ticks.

San Marino only had 2 but still good enough for top 50 I visited here one afternoon

Kosovo is thanks to ippopotamo36 who hosted me to tasting at his apartment in Rome but splits time betweeen Kosovo and there, at least at time, and he had a bunch to share. Many thanks

1 Like

#1 for Turkey and Panama
#4 for Thailand
#10 for Togo (shared)
#13 for Ethiopia
#28 for Georgia (shared)
#32 for Guatemala (shared)
#38 for Macedonia (shared)
#49 for Ukraine
All except Togo were during my visits to the countries

1 Like

It’s good to see some ‘also rans’ in the top 50’s now and again; keeps the usual suspects on their toes!

I noticed Greece mentioned by someone, I’m in there too, the wife likes the Greek Islands, so we go every two years or so to one of them for a holiday.

<*))))))><

Man, I suck. Five years on this site and I’m not in the top 50 of any damn country.

1 Like

Guernsey #17 with 3 - two from my sister-in-law who occasionally rocks a bassoon out there and one at GBBF.

Iran #25 with 2 - bought at a Persian mini-mart over the road from the Birmingham office.

Madagascar #45 with 1 - a colleague went there on holiday.

A couple of others where I am equal 50th or whatever it would work out as - Jersey with 3 and some oners including Laos and San Marino.

1 Like

Eh up, where’s that Persian place in Brum? I have one Iranian tick (though not from when I was actually in Iran for a week) so could do with another

1 Like

Pars Supermarket on Hagely Rd. In fact there’s another mini-mart 2 or 3 shops down that also had Iranian ‘beers’. It must be the Brum Persian Quarter as there’s a nice looking reataurant as well. I was going to see if they had any more ticks when I am up in November but I think the nearest I’ll get is the Bull (?) looking for some Highgate ticks.

3 Likes

…except the expected ones (Estonia #5 / Norway #20) there was some surprises both for lists I was on and list that I’ve fallen out out - this was what I found:

Albania #20
Andorra #43
Armenia #5
Azerbaijan #1
Belarus #14
Bosnia and Herzegovina #35
Cambodia #16
Chile #46
Egypt #34
Georgia #1
Iceland #7
Jordan #24
Latvia #5
Lithuania #6
Macedonia #8
Malaysia #18
Malta #26
Nigeria #27
San Marino #17
Thailand #31
Vietnam #27

1 Like

#7 for Iraq with 1 rate
#33 for Bhutan with 1 rate
#48 for Laos with 2 rates

1 Like

#2 Falkland Islands
#2 Congo
#6 Wales
#7 Benin
#8 Turkish Republic of Cyprus
#11Guadeloupe
#23 Cape Verde Islands
#25 France
#27 Reunion Island
#29 Gibraltar
#32 Chad
#39 England
#44 Trinidad & Tobago
#49 Dominica
#50 St Vincent & the Grenadines

1 Like

Bahamas #48 T (tied)
Barbados #41 T
Cayman Islands #8 T
Cyprus #45 T
El Salvador #34 T
Germany #28
Gibraltar #2 T
Haiti #1 T
Jamaica #16 T
Kenya #43 T
Liechtenstein #15 T
Luxembourg #25 T
Monaco #34 T
Montenegro #46 T
Morocco #24 T
Niger #3 T
Rwanda #37 T
Trinidad & Tobago #20 T
UAE #7 T
USA #44
Zimbabwe #26 T

1 Like

I’ve just had another look and I appear in a lot more than I realised. Not going to name them all because it would sound like a ‘dick fest’ and this thread wasn’t supposed to be one of those kind of ‘Stat Attacks’, it was for ‘the masses’ to have their moment.

<*))))))><

Presence in the top 20:
#1 Switzerland
#1 Liechtenstein
#1 Syria
#3 Algeria
#10 Turkey
#12 France
#15 Maynmar
#16 Sri Lanka
#18 Egypt

1 Like

I lead no country but I am finally tops for Wyoming. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No way of finding this info quickly because my premium lapsed back in February.

Anyway, at very the least I know I’m number one for Armenia :armenia: with 38 rates (come at me ex-Soviet macro lager bros)

3 Likes