EU Local Trade

Thanks, ok I will look into that

1 Like

Thatā€™s different from EU country to country, in Estonia you have to pay alcohol tax, but of course our taxman is more strict than in many countries.

But I think it wonā€™t be a problem if the parcel says ā€œcollectible glasswareā€ :innocent:

As mentioned above all my parcels have been opened in the UK. One got returned because a beer did not have the correct country of origin. They taped up the parcel and sent it back. So unfortunately that wonā€™t work. And on top of that the cost of sending to the EU is just too high, because of the clearance fees and brexit surcharge.

Thatā€™s crazyā€¦ It costs millions to have people checking parcelsā€¦ not even the US does itā€¦ I donā€™t get why they think they need to control it - thatā€™s really crazyā€¦

And in this case it seems it makes beer-shipping even more complicated than to/from the USā€¦

1 Like

So the end result of my parcel of beer & salt & vinegar crisps that I posted from UK to NL.

I paid Ā£13 postage & Parcel Force collected it from my home on Monday.

The parcel was exported from UK on Wednesday morning & then went off radar until Friday morning when it arrived in NL.

It arrived at the delivery depot late on Friday night & was delivered to my mate on Saturday morning.

Neither the box nor documents wallet had been opened & everything was intact.

Maybe all the bad press is hyped up?

I would add it was only a small parcel with 2 litres of beer & 10 bags of crisps.

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d be confident enough to post a crate of 20 bottles yet!

1 Like

What was the value of your package? I think that this is key, under a certain threshold which I read somewhere (might have been the Dutch DHL website) and it shouldnā€™t attract attention. I had a further vinyl record delivery last week, this time the value was Ā£28 it was handed over to me and no problems encountered, so I have now had two packages under Ā£30 delivered with no additional cost and one at Ā£38 that stung me and accrued an additional duty cost of ā‚¬14.06

I was advised by my mate in NL, who I sent the parcel to, that I state on the export/import label that the value was under ā‚¬22.

2 Likes