Impossible to rate today, web page and app as well

Apologies, I’ve had to reboot the server a few times on the weekend. We generally get notices when the site goes down but in this case it was our database and API server that was having issues with load. @joet did ping me as soon as he was notified.

It also seems to be happening between 2am-4am my time which is very inconvenient…

It looks like there are a few SQL queries that are locking that database and causing chaos for everyone. I’m looking into it.

I do apologise about the time difference, and notifications. If it is occurring again, feel free to hit me up via email at development@ratebeer.com and that might get my attention quicker (definitely on a weekend) and I can investigate/reboot the database to kill the locks/etc…

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

5 Likes

Here we go again.

Doesn’t work again, every time @services is away

I think it’s because all these new regions have been added !

1 Like

They system is already sensing the bog down from the 26 counties purposed for Ireland.

4 Likes

It’s working in Shropshire! :grinning:

<*))))))><

Thought it was just me these past 2 days… only positive thing is it get me to do other things as I seem to be getting addicted

It looks like it’s back up again, can I get a confirmation?

We definitely did have an increase in connections about 4 hours ago, which lasted 45 minutes, locking the database for the time…

Good news is I can see the queries causing the issue, so now it’s time to try and fix that and let’s see how tomorrow goes.

Thank you Marko and Sigmund for emailing me too.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

4 Likes

Working for me!

@services Terrible this morning, cannot bring up any of my ratings or own data.

All ok here in Buckinghamshire…

Working well in Foreignshire

3 Likes

@imdownthepub

I apologise for that, we’re trying to make things a little more stable. I do hope your experience is better now.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

Very slow again today.

Yeah, there was apparently some extremely high traffic and they rebooted the server. Was annoying as we were doing a tasting, but it was nearing the end anyway… Worked fine last I checked.