I've Visited Every Baltimore Brewery

Yesterday, I went to Oliver Brewing for the first time (only open 12-5 on Saturdays) and have now visited every Baltimore City brewery (that is open to the public). I know its not that big of a deal but this is the place to share this accomplishment.

I guess now I will move onto Baltimore County, which I think I only need to visit 2 more breweries to finish it off.

Go Beer!

11 Likes

Oh man, that is definitely an achievement. :smiley: Missing only 3 (very) technically for the Prague area - one is the Staropramen macro which I’m not interested in visiting even though it’s technically in my general area of town, and the other two are / were thought to be questionably visitable (though @djoeye proved you can buy beer directly at Kunratice, I’m not sure there are direct sales at Trilobit).

What were the best visiting experiences? Which ones the worst? Is there a shit place with great beer and some great place with shit beer?

I think as of Saturday managed to get every NYC brewery, now I just hot a few more in Philadelphia. Congrats on the accomplishment that only people like us care about.

2 Likes

there is one that I think is great, a handful that are ok, and the rest I don’t really need to every drink. I actually re-visited a brewery I had not visited in over 6 years. Well, another 6 years is good enough.

Well done. Go you!

Nice! I still haven’t managed all of the ones in Toronto. A few locations opened in the last few years and I barely go out any more :slight_smile:

Yep great achievement! :+1:Its hard for me in the pgh area because every time I turn around another brewer makes an appearance. :wink: Just curious how many days will pass by before another balty brewer opens. :thinking:

1 Like

Nice. How many MD breweries do you have to go to have been to them all?

Who knows. Every time I look around something is closing and dead areas have missing breweries on RB. Also, I don’t think I’ll get around to the Eastern shore anytime soon.

Alright, I have now visited every (possible to visit) brewery in Baltimore City and County.

Looking at the map, I think I’ve done everything in Howard County as well.

I guess I’ll expand the range now. I need to visit 2 in Harford, 3 in Cecil, and a bunch in Carrol.

4 Likes

What trends do you see in Baltimore? What are your favorites?

It doesn’t seem different then other places. The trends are similar.

1. Generally, more and better lagers (though still a small portion of the availability that still dominated by hops and other fad styles).
  2. People are still generally picking places not for the quality of the beer.
  3. Inverse relationship between quality of beer and kid friendliness of brewery.
  4. There are 4 gluten reduced breweries and they all feel lacking.
  5. There is way more sameness across breweries that originality.
  6. I still find myself gravitating more toward the old school breweries (e.g., Heavy Seas and Oliver) than hot hipster places (e.g., Wet City).
3 Likes