RateBeer Forums

Lambic questions

Not sure if thread for lambic related questions makes sense, but I do have two very different questions.

1. Is Hanssens Framboos same as Hanssens Experimental Raspberry? lambic.info seems to differentiate these without going into details.

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/hanssens-experimental-raspberry-frambozenlambik/104251/

1. 3F Framboos 2011 popped up recently in some beer shops. Price is a bit crazy. Does this come from the brewery or someone has been sitting on bunch of old Framboos bottles and decided to cash them in?

Not an expert here … but since no one else replied yet :stuck_out_tongue:

I think Experimental Raspberry is just the name they put on the US (international?) english label. Framboos is on the local belgian label. I assume its the same beer.

I heard the Framboos 2011 was released by Drikkeriget (distributor)…

2 Likes

Well lambic.info states: “was originally an export only product to the United States”

So the Framboos was potentially introduced to the local markets with appropriate wording later on.

Interestingly both Averages on Untappd are nearly the same (3.83 / 3.82) which could mean they are the same or is just plain coincidence :wink:

1 Like

Not sure if that was added after my post or I just missed it, but there is an alias for Framboos >> Frambozenlambik. Anyway thanks for the input guys. :slight_smile:

1 Like

More or less Lambic-related, regarding this one:
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/timmermans-guinness-lambic-and-stout/655609/

Should the style not be “Sour / Wild Beer - Dark” instead of “Sour / Wild Beer”?

Yes.

I fixed it, since it is obvious bug.

1 Like

Add To RateBeer

Add A Beer
Add A Brewer
Add A Place
Add An Event

Manage Your Account

Add Premium
Edit Profile

RateBeer Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter, RateBeer Weekly, a must for understanding new people, places and beers in worldwide craft culture.

Stay Connected

2000- 2017 © RateBeer, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service