New poll for country region splits. VOTE!

But what sort of Freedom exactly? We need a poll to decide … :grinning:

2 Likes

Seems like Spain is emerging as the clear next leader

Let them Basque in the Limelight for a while, before pulling the plug and choosing Mexico!

<*))))))><

4 Likes

Not sure why folks had to get negative we are finally getting some new stats. And I haven’t seen anyone demanding admins drop everything and allocate everything immediately.

Also I agree voting is way to go since no guarantee services will be available to continue forever. It’s better grab top 25 countries which is like 99% of beers on site than be stuck with Andorra, Belize, and Cameroon split up but not Italy or Spain

Is it wrong that I had job interview today and my boss would be based in Netherlands and I was thinking whole time hopefully I get to go over to grab remaining regions.

6 Likes

:love_you_gesture: Ticker gotta tick

This is the best thing I’ve read all week!

Hey @jow you might be able to get a Belgian beer from the Liège region too!

<*))))))><

1 Like

Has Wales been divided into states?
Looks like it when you look at brewery addresses, but do not see it among region list.

Has always been like this … same address format as England so whenever breweries have been entered they nearly always have the county as well.

We have been setting it up for a split for ages now, makes the work a lot easier.

6 Likes

:tada: Based on database checks done by @services all Dutch breweries/cideries/etc and places should now be associated with regions. Thanks to the admins who helped achieve this!

8 Likes

Sweet. Cue the “Ole!” for Spain. I’ve actually been there since joining RB so finally get some more places rated in regions stats.

Hello all, so for Spain I have the following information (thanks to @solidfunk for sending it to me from the thread it was located)…

In fact I also have lists for Poland, France, Italy, Mexico, Ireland, Wales and Northern Ireland…

If you all wanted, and I could get all the lists confirmed, I could do them all in one go… I’m just not sure if thats too much in one shot to get through, or is the current process better? (One at a time)…

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

10 Likes

I notice that the two “Spanish autonomous cities in North Africa” Ceuta and Melilla are not on the list. Is this omission on purpose?

They are mentioned in both NUTS-2 and ISO 3166-2:ES:

1 Like

I see no harm in doing this especially if you are available right now and it’s easier for you do drop them in one go.

So long as users appreciate it may take a number of weeks to work through them all and it won’t be an instant “region fest” due to the amount of work required on the admin side and the roll out from our point of view is likely one (perhaps) two regions at a time.

4 Likes

I feel like this would be easier for you do it all in one go. As a programmer it’s what I’d want to do to be honest.

We admins can work through each country as and when we have the time to do so. As Colin says it would help if users are aware that it will take some time for us to complete each country. Perhaps a message can be displayed at the top of these forums with just a sentence or two to explain that this is going on. Should help alleviate any “complaints” or misunderstandings from those unaware of the ongoing process.

2 Likes

I prefer one at a time, but if it’s easier for you (@services) and all the admin guys that get involved to do these mentioned at the same time then please do so.

<*))))))><

1 Like

The roll outs, although quite tough and hard work at time are all achievable, but it does worry me that for a roll out to be successful you need a good local Admin base to keep on top of it otherwise it can become a real mess. Do we really have this in some of the countries being discussed?
I believe that the roll out of 1 at a time is far better as we can see and control the issues in that country and get the local Admins involved, a mass roll out wouldn’t achieve this.
There are still countries that are in a great position to go almost instantly with good local Admin cover.

The suggestion from services is for him to allocate regions in one mass block which probably suits his workload.

What we, the admins, do with them then is up to us.

Just that users need to be aware some countries will remain unpopulated for a period of time … weeks or more … until suitable admin resource is avaialble.

2 Likes