New poll for country region splits. VOTE!

If doing it all at once frees services up more time to do more other site development, that must be a good thing. Plus if it means we might get Wales & the Irelands sooner I’d personally be very happy with that!

I’m more than happy to do my bit on the allocating the breweries etc if someone gives me access & tells me what to do - although my free time is a bit limited at the mo.

I think Japan and Russia are also ready, just need final confirmation? @solidfunk ? They would give a lot of more varity to regions and Russia alone would cover a big part of the entire world :smiley:

Maybe after Russia is done there could be a new vote, since all the other countries currently have significantly less votes?!

Denmark: locals say that there is absolutely no point to split Denmark. So I would say Denmark should be skipped entirely.

Some locals in Denmark are for a split… But it is a “nice to have”, not a “need to have”.

3 Likes

The problem with Russia is that first Crimea needs to be split off as a separate country due to its disputed status (also there’s the question of what to do with Sevastopol as it is considered to be a separate region in both Ukraine and Russia). The other regions (all 83 of them) are well-defined and not disputed. The discussion about it is here - Russian split

If it’s easier I don’t see why not do them all at once since it’s what folks want eventually anyways. Then admins can work on whenever they get the chance, also I assume it different admins for most these regions so who knows if they are free more now or in several weeks etc. and again I think users are excited about the splits but I don see anyone demanding admins drop everything and do immediate, we waited many years for this a few weeks even months more is understandable.

I think it has been discussed before…but what about the maps of the countries already splitted (such as The Netherlands or Belgium)?? will be implemented at some point??

I mean, new country splitting is fun…but its weird that just 4 of the countries have their own region map.

4 Likes

I love slowly colouring in the maps; I would love to have them for the new countries. But I can appreciate this might take a while to code, and I’m happy if we get the stats up for this next batch first before the maps are done for any more.

Has the Spanish admin been contacted?

I only see one Spanish user commenting on this list in the Spanish subforum (oh and Alex here).

@teddybeer

1 Like

I love new stats too, specially if we are talking about splitting countries like Spain or Ireland, but if I remember correctly we did another poll, like one year ago:

Final answer was fix the many bugs, dysfunctionalities, and inconsistencies on the website that have persisted for years

If we continue to split countries without implementing maps are the incosistencies being fixed or increased?

I want more countries but just want to know if the maps will be implemented at some point.

Cheers,
Alex.

3 Likes

Ya that’s my bad, they are pretty much confirmed. I’ll send the list to services. And I’m all for splitting all now and we can sort them out slowly.

Yes, my bad,
Ceuta
Melilla
should each be added as regions to this list. I forgot to send them @services - that was my omission. Thanks @CH-303

Sending Japan list now, and Russia. I think the Crimea situation is something that can be fixed later, lets split what we’ve got first to get it done?

3 Likes

Sweet. If this current list gets implemented (including Japan) I’d be fine with pausing until all sorted and get maps up and running. This would be huge portion of beers on site now broken into regions. I’d have plenty of fun goals for quite some time. Just my opinion. Thanks all!

3 Likes

Ok, sent Japan, waiting to hear about a technicality on the Russian thing, and also sent Sweden, Norway, Finland, Brazil, Argentina as those have either been decided or are straight forward and not really a question.

1 Like

Also just sent out reminders on most of these countries to figure out postal code situation if that makes things easier for admins. Also, I’m not much of a coder or anything, but if you need extra help with the Latin American splits, I can admin. Just let me know who I need to kill to become made man

On a selfish note, the regional list for New Zealand is also not controversial, and there is an active admin who is happy to sort it out.

Northland
Auckland
Waikato
Bay of Plenty
Gisborne
Hawke’s Bay
Taranaki
Manawatū-Whanganui
Wellington
Tasman
Nelson
Marlborough
West Coast
Canterbury
Otago
Southland

7 Likes

‘STAT CITY’ coming our way soon!

No pressure on anyone, let’s (without my help, as I am not computeer literate) allow this all to happen without ‘fuss’.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Sent!

2 Likes

Someone mentioned in another thread about Swiss cantons. I wouldn’t put it very high up on the priority list, but this would be the list of the 26 cantons of Switzerland:

Aargau
Appenzell Ausserrhoden
Appenzell Innerrhoden
Basel-Landschaft
Basel-Stadt
Bern
Fribourg
Genève
Glarus
Graubünden
Jura
Luzern
Neuchâtel
Nidwalden
Obwalden
St. Gallen
Schaffhausen
Schwyz
Solothurn
Thurgau
Ticino
Uri
Valais
Vaud
Zug
Zürich

5 Likes

“But Switzerland is such a small country!” – Danes :rofl:

3 Likes

This has gotten seriously tiring. Stop antagonizing locals who disagree with you and your view of this. It’s insanely childish. They would have been the ones doing the actual legwork, which asking obvious questions about postal codes in every thread (that could be googled in couple of minutes by anyone), and messaging services is 0.000001% of.

Let’s do these things without posts like this, mkay?

1 Like