Notifications

I see that on my icon on the top right of the page I get notified of responses to posts I made. That makes sense. But it also notifies me of pointless things like badges I’ve earned.

How do I turn off badge notifications?

1 Like

You won’t need to I don’t think. You’ll get all the basic badges within a couple of days of using the forum and everything will chime down quite a bit.

1 Like

Ive not been able to work out how to, but as @JulienHuxley says the Badges are a few quirt quickly but then shouldnt be frequent enought to annoy you.

You can turn off the like nottification from your preferences | notifiacations and then Change Notification when like to Never.
If that bothers you

Any chance we can receive a notification when we get a BeerMail? @joet @wyattm

1 Like

You don’t ? I get a green “1” on my profile image top right

1 Like

Nope. Maybe this is a setting somewhere that I can change? @LazyPyro do you know if this is something I can change?

Ok, I think it’s because I was “Watching” and not “Tracking”

If you’re referring to the old BeerMail system on the main website, joet has said this is going to be phased out and eventually archived like the old forums, so no, you won’t be able to get notified on these forums of any mails on the old system.

But, if you mean the mail system on these new forums (or private messages, whatever people want to call it) then yeah as Julien said you should already be seeing a green dot on your avatar at the top right of the page. Email notifications can be turned on in your preferences, it’s on by default though.

1 Like

I gave myself every badge, so that should sort out some of the notifications.

1 Like

Thats CHEATING!!!

1 Like

Boo! Hiss!

Would you like some?

I’m into trading. One beer for one badge ;- )

2 Likes

Oh congrats on your one year anniversary on the site
https://community.ratebeer.com/badges/24/anniversary

I mus have missed it :smiley:

1 Like

Is there a Time Traveller badge? :wink:

2 Likes

Wow you actually did cheat and give yourself every badge… Weird. People take this shit far too seriously, it’s just a forum guys.

2 Likes

People say that in person SilkTork is a reasonably OK guy, but somehow he doesn’t quite get how to interact online.

The thing with internet forums is that intentions can sometimes get misread. And, yep, people can take things too seriously. I’m not sure who is though. I think everyone here is pretty cool. But if there is someone who is genuinely aggrieved that I have more badges then them, I do offer counselling sessions at mate’s rates, and will throw in a free badge.

1 Like

Ha. Ok well I just read up, seems I did miss your post where you said you did it to stop notifications. I thought you were just being weirdly obsessive. Woops.

But even still, as others pointed out at the start you get almost every quick badge within a week or two of being here. You’ve been on these new forums as long as I have and I think it’s been more than a month since I last got a badge. Can’t imagine you were still getting them at such a rate that it drove you to do that? Only takes one click to clear notifications, was it really such an issue in the first place?

EDIT: Ok now I see you did the badge thing before your post. Never mind then, ignore what I just said :smiley: