Region Ticking

Judging from recent rates it seems they’ve completely toned down the garlic compared to when me and @blackhaddock had it years ago. I recall there was a large clove of garlic in the bottle neck, and the entire pub filling with the pungent stench of garlic, requiring an apology from our group!

5 Likes

You could have just doubled down and said that you were vampire hunters.

1 Like

Beerwulf has a French box available that might have a few new French regions for people (eg Burgundy, Pays de la Loire, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes):

Their advent calendar also has a few of these in. Shame you can’t pick & choose individual beers from them.

3 Likes

Tempting at first as I would pick up one new region and a new style (if categorised correctly) with this:

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/vezelay-lager-blonde-bio-sans-gluten/533787/

However, Looking at the beer ratings on here though, they’re not great overall. Also two of the bottles are only 25cl and the rest 33cl so there is not even a lot of beer for your buck to compensate for lack of quality. Yeah shame you cant buy individual beers.

These guys (https://beerbruvs.co.uk/) seem to stock a number of beers from US breweries. Some new states for me here in New Jersey, Texas, Oregon and North Dakota. They also currently have a sale on short dated cans if you don’t mind that sort of thing.

3 Likes

Picked up an accidental new French region in the Brewdog Collabfest. Brasserie Gekko is in Alpes Maritime as far as I can tell and they did the beer with Brewdog Nice. Just Occitaine to go now.

3 Likes

@imdownthepub Rad beer have some beers from Occitaine they are brewed by Prizm.

2 Likes

Many thanks, but I now have a couple in the cellar, should emerge about Christmas Day I reckon.

1 Like

There are beers from a couple of Montana breweries on Suds & Soda at present.

https://www.sudsandsoda.co.uk/shop/

Mountains Walking & New Hokkaido

3 Likes

Also Nevada - Beer Zombies.

1 Like

I’ve been drinking Beer Zombies stuff on-tap here in California and I have a feeling it’s brewed locally and not in Las Vegas anymore (if ever). They certainly seem to have a thing with Mason Ale Works.

<*))))))><

Yes - it mentions it on the can but I made.the decision to forget I’d ever read it.

Edit: Beer Zombies’ website certainly states that they are based in Las Vegas. But Mason brew there beers?

3 Likes

Missed that - and I need a Nevada tick too. Never mind.

This might interest someone. I ordered this lot online from craftbeersdelivered.com in Ireland. They ship to the UK for €25.

Some breweries listed on that site were out of stock but I’ve got a few new regions here. Clare, Kerry, Laois, Limerick, Mayo, Meath, Westmeath

9 Likes

I’ve used these guys for Northern Ireland: https://www.ratebeer.com/p/kwm-wines-spirits-kilkeel/75689/97853/ and was looking at here for Ireland: Craft Beers | Fairley's Wines (NI), but haven’t ordered, both deliver to the UK and seem a bit cheaper than 25 Euro’s to do so.

Thanks for the information though, I will take a look at their website.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

Thanks for this, its very tempting indeed. I can pick up 24 new breweries and 8 new regions for 110 Euros including postage. I’m in two minds though because that 25 euro postage can be for up to 48 cans so tempted to save up for a bigger delivery so less postage per can although stuff may get out of stock by then.

Anyway for anyone interested I listed for my personal use the breweries I hadn’t tried and their region. Apologies for any spelling errors but I wasn’t originally intending to share and I’m now too tired to recheck:
Screenshot 2023-02-06 235731

6 Likes

just ordered. Website is a bit frustrating in that they don’t delete out of stock items so I clicked on several tick breweries only to find they didn’t have any. Had 25 beers in my basket, >24 triggers an extra €10 shipping (not >48 as stated on website) so I reluctantly dropped a can

1 Like

the cutoff for extra postage is 24 not 48, and sadly several of those breweries are out of stock :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah it’s a frustrating website.
A filter showing in stock / out of stock would be useful.

1 Like

Thanks for this, I’ve emailed to let them and let them know so they have a chance to update their website.