STATES / REGION for all countries

You are a bit late there my dude. Macedonia renamed itself North Macedonia something like two years ago (and RateBeer was pretty rapid in applying the change here). Still haven’t got a single tick from the damn place. :sob:

2 Likes

Aw, but you should be able to get Skopsko at least at some point. I mean, I can get it here in Prague, it gets exported randomly.

1 Like

@Grumbo got hold of some Skopsko IPL from @MarkoNm and a sample found it’s way to Shropshire; @minutemat shared it with me.

<*))))))><

Turns out the North Macedonia thing is that rare beast: a real triumph of disinterested, peaceful, patient US diplomacy.

1 Like

That was them who finally helped them get out of the FYROM mess?

It’s not quite over - things take time to gain acceptance. But the efforts of Matthew Nimetz and the carrot of Nato accession seem to have kept things moving. It’s taken a while.

And for that mid-week fun, all of those remaining regions have been setup on the site. I know this will keep everyone busy for a while, I’ll try to help out where I can but I think it’s best that time is taken going forward here.

Enjoy all those new regions.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

14 Likes

Ye-esss! Brilliant! Many thanks to @services and everyone else who have been instrumental in achieving this. And a big shout out to the admins (especially whoever’s been astoundingly quick off the mark in starting the allocations in Norn Ireland & Wales!

1 Like

ammaazzziing. I’ll get started on places that I know better, allocating Mexico places first

1 Like

Oh right, Wales and N.Ireland on my work list. Probably start later.

Quite excited. Should do very well in N. Ireland and Japan, pretty good Ireland and Italy and poorly in the rest. I did find a good looking Polish restaurant here in Boston where it looks like I can grab some regions while eating pierogis win win.

2 Likes

Thank you @services ! I am loving the new region additions. Any chance we could get the 28 provinces of Bulgaria added as well?

3 Likes

Got @Leighton attention. Not many sightings in the forums these days.

1 Like

Indeed! These region additions are a monumental step forward - and enough get me enthused!

6 Likes

@services There is an error with the NZ region names, can you please rename Manawatū-Whanganui with the macron over the u?

Joyfull day, cant wait to see them populated fully. Thank you @services and all other involved.

3 Likes

Probably it’ll take a while to get all these things split here, I’d imagine this might wait until the next batch, but if you want to start a forum post about Bulgaria to get everyone one board. I’m sure there are hordes of Bulgarian users on here to dispute and argue over splits.

Otherwise I can do it in a week or two. We kind of have a loose process here.

2 Likes

:rofl:

I made a separate forum for what’s been done, needs doing, or is currently being done by somebody:

As an admin (if you still remember how :slight_smile: ) I’m sure you could talk @services into splitting it out if you’re going to use your free time to regionalize all the breweries, cideries, meaderies…sake if there is any :thinking:.