Stats - New UK/IE Breweries in 2018

Probably this!

It must do. Iā€™ve found a load of breweries recently that were not on here, despite having been around a few years in some cases. In fact, thanks to Beer Guide London, I spotted a few in London. There may be a couple of brew pubs I havenā€™t got around to adding yet.

Iā€™d love to get out ticking every weekend but I donā€™t get the chance so I add breweries that other people havenā€™t spotted.

Whilst this highlights the lack of coverage and loss of dedicated raters, I also get the impression that some people donā€™t realise they can or just canā€™t be bothered to add on breweries and beers themselves.

It might be different in the midlands but the only breweries I add are pretty new. Most I also have to add to Untapped as well. I also add all new breweries not on rate beer for each beer festival I attended. For Nottingham (by far the biggest) I added very few breweries this year. Far less than other years.

Any database that is based on user generated content is by definition going to be behind the curve. Someone has to have the beer and search for it before itā€™s added.

I know this is thread mainly about breweries, but from a beer perspective the last time I checked (I think it was mid 2016) over 25% of beer I tried I needed to add. It far less than that now.

ENGLAND - 8
WALES - 2
SCOTLAND - 0
N. IRELAND - 0
REP IRELAND - 0

Really surprised by the lack of new breweries from the last 3. A couple of the English ones arenā€™t really serious breweries like Brexit Beverages Ltd which existed for one lager, and now doesnā€™t seem to exist.

Wilderness in Wales started in January I think, and hopefully will make more of a name for themselves this year with wild-fermented beers getting more attention through Yonder, and Nevel from Holland who will have a load of their beers arriving over here in Jan.

Pretty poor from me:

England 2 new breweries, Wales 2 new breweries; the rest zero!

I do seek out new breweries when I can, but I only went to a couple of UK festivals in 2018.

Total new breweries for the year (international and older establishments unrated before) = 285, born in 2018 my world total is 9.

<*))))))><