The Big EU Online Bottleshop Directory

Everything fine, they answered and shipped everything. It was just me worrying too much for a little delay :slight_smile: Iā€™m waiting the package now :slight_smile:

Cool, thanks for keeping us updated. Iā€™ve no experience with any Belgian shops myself and I didnā€™t see many reviews for that one, so I would have been starting to get worried too in your position, but it sounds like everything is on track now. :slight_smile:

The package arrived now. Everything was perfect, and the package it was well done and safe. I think they have very good prices compared to other online shops, they have some very interesting and not easy to find beers, and also the shipping costs were fair. Iā€™ll probably order again in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bulgaria, 100 beers accepts foreign orders. You need to contact them via email.
Ordered a few months ago.

1 Like

this thread is a great service! :+1:

2 Likes

Oh thatā€™s interesting. Iā€™m actually interested in that myself, might have to email them at some point.
Do you know if theyā€™re willing to ship all over Europe or just the mainland? And how long did delivery take to get to you? Everything well packaged?

I think they ship anywhere.
Shipping is calculated by this tool: https://www.speedy.bg/calculate/?&lang=en
UK is one of the options so my guess is its fine.
Shipping cost me 25 euros for 12 bottles.

From my order to the actual delivery took 4 weeks. Most time was taken by slow responses by the shop and myself.
I dont know how well it was packed but 4 of my 12 bottles were broken. DPD had to repack so it might be bad packaging or the courier messed up. My guess is it was handled too rough by the courier. All insured but I decided to leave it at that (just a couple of bucks).

The shop owner is a friendly guy and Iā€™ll order again but when I get more broken bottles Iā€™m out.
Iā€™ve had damaged packages from well known shops as well, so it can be just bad luck.

They sell a lot of local and regional beer which I havent seen for sale yet.

1 Like

http://www.beyondbeer.de/

You might wanna update this entry to International Shipping as they are shipping to 25 European countries including UK.

1 Like

Thanks for that useful info! Same experience Iā€™ve had with shops in the past and I share your attitude towards damages. Shit happens.

Obviously not a great first experience youā€™ve had with this shop so Iā€™m a bit discouraged, but might have a chat with them and see whatā€™s up. Hopefully they wonā€™t be so slow in responding.

EDIT: Just did a test calculation on the shipping site and it came to 49.99
I hope thatā€™s in Bulgarian Lev and not Euro :expressionless:

Cheers. Updated their entry now. :+1:

Shipping costs are in Bulgarian Lev :wink:
I did a little check and shipping to UK is the same as to Holland

1 Like

So I bit the bullet and decided to place an order there, got some nice Bulgarian and Romanian beers coming my way. Parcel was dispatched yesterday, still sitting in Sofia and I assume will be until Monday now. If I am lucky I should get it by Friday I think. Fingers crossed! Will report back when it arrives, hopefully all intact with no damages.

1 Like

Could you please add this Belgian site:

Thank you

Added, but Iā€™m curiousā€¦
Are you the owner or affiliated with this shop in some way? In my research Iā€™ve found no social media presence, the pricing is in USD, and the shipping costs are pretty high even for Europeā€¦ this is all quite unusual for a Belgian webshop.

Update. My beers arrived today. Fairly well packaged and no breakages! All beers are well-dated except for one which I already knew about anyway, but itā€™s one that can be aged so no biggie.

Courier started off slow but in hindsight I think itā€™s just that the tracking page is very slow to update. I knew my parcel had arrived in the UK from the UK tracking number before their own tracking page from the Bulgarian side had even updated. Communication with the shop owner was fine, good English and response times were reasonable so no complaints there. All in all Iā€™m pretty pleased with my haul and Iā€™ll write a proper review on their RB place soon.

Thanks for the heads up @Mallorn!

1 Like

I just ordered a bunch of beers from Hop Hooligans in Romania.
They only sell their own beer but contact is great, shipping is fast and prices are reasonable.
Definately a brewery to watch according to some of my beer friends in the region.

Shipping 12 beers from Romania -> Holland cost me 25 euros. DPD.
The 12 beers cost me 40 euro.
(33 cl and 50 cl cans ā‚¬2,75 - ā‚¬3,15. I paid ā‚¬7,40 for a BA bottle)

2 Likes

Just did the same thing! Maybe our parcels are travelling from Romania together :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad this thread got bumped - I havenā€™t seen it for a while, and gave the list a browseā€¦

ā€¦ 20 minutes later, I had a 130e (99+31) order of czech and slovakian mead ordered!

6 Likes

Damn HH should be paying me for all this promotion of them I am doing :laughing:

Hope you both enjoy the beers @Mallorn and @adamnowek, I really did mean all the good things I said about them in various other threads here, best brewery in Eastern Europe in my opinion.
I did add a Place to the database last month (https://www.ratebeer.com/p/hop-hooligans-online-shop/83739/) for reviewing, as I think more online shops deserve a dedicated place listing tbh because most donā€™t currently.

When I ordered I received mine in exactly one week IIRC, including a weekend that is. You should both get yours a day or so sooner I guess. Also Iā€™ll be placing another order next week, Iā€™m waiting for the release of a couple of new beers. If youā€™d both have waited all three of our parcels would be travelling together :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I already have my tracking number, so it should be nice and quick! Iā€™ve already done two online bottleshop orders this year: Hop Hooligans and that South American food/drink shop in Germany to pick up some Mexican, Brazilian, and other ticks from the region :slight_smile:

I definitely want to try that Bulgarian shop next :bulgaria:

1 Like

I can certainly vouch for them. Rosti (the owner) was really friendly over email and has decent English.

Definitely worth emailing him beforehand just to check itā€™s all ok as theyā€™re not properly set up for international orders yet (he did indicate this would be improving in the future). It was only set up for Bulgaria, Romania and Greece when I used it, so we had to do a shall we say ā€˜unorthodoxā€™ way of paying the shipping cost (basically me checking out a second time with a fictitious beer costing 50 lev - the shipping cost for me) but no problems occurred so it was all fine in the end.
Paying for shipping at the retailer isnā€™t a common thing in this region of the world I guess, apparently most pay the courier at their door. The opposite is true in the UK, couriers never take payment directly.

As for the beers the quality isnā€™t quite up there with Romania in my opinion, but itā€™s good in itā€™s own way. I saw at least one brewery I got beers from, currently contract brewing in the Netherlands, is in the process of setting up their own kit in Bulgaria, so I assume things are going well and looking up. I might place another order later in the year.

One last point of interestā€¦ I see itā€™s not a style you need but they stock a Polotmavy (Bernard Jantarovy Lezak which is this one on RB). Sadly was out of stock when I made my order, but fortunately I already had the style ticked too. I know a lot of people struggle to find this style.