The Rise of Pennsylvanian Lagers

The Rise of Pennsylvanian Lagers

1 Like

This article was almost certainly written by AI. It did not even mention Human Robot, which is about 50% of the lager story in PA.

3 Likes

:face_vomiting:

AKA the resurgence of shitty beer in PA

How rude frothy! :wink:

Yea, some of these lager attempts suck ass but i’ve found a few that are really good!

Generally speaking when I am out at craft breweries the lagers/pilsners etc are the worst quality beers on the menu. Very few are done even reasonably well. And the few that are done well still don’t do much for me in general. Anymore I tend to avoid them unless they are a throw in on a flight. And I certainly have no interest in spending $7 a pint for a beer that is barely distinguishable from macro beers. So seeing breweries focus on this feels like a backsliding of the craft beer movement to being more like the beers my dad drank - which I have no interest in.

I did look at your ratings, and I did not see any Human Robot on the list… but the weird preponderance of “Mexican Lager” is definitely a little suspect.

I’m never really sure what to expect from Mexican Lager. Do they mean crap pale lager that you wish you put a lime in to so you can kill the “flavor” or crap pale lager that we already put lime in to so we can kill the “flavor.” Either way seems rather pointless, but unfortunately popular at the moment.

1 Like

It may be your area. I went to Pittsburg 2 summers ago and didn’t come across too many worthwhile lagers. However, everywhere else I go in the mid-Atlantic, the lagers are the bright spot. I generally stay away from hoppy ales nowadays, don’t drink fruited kettle sours, and limit my pastry stouts. That basically leaves me hoping for a dark lager or hoppy pils. And, generally, I’ve been pretty satisfied.

I get the feeling that the OP writes these and posts them here for clicks. Could be wrong.

3 Likes

He might create them, but he certainly does not write them unless he is an AI script.