The weekly Stat Attack - 27: Croatia (24th April 2022)

Yeah, sadly, Desetka is cheap garbage, which is sad, as Daruvar’s brewmaster knows his stuff and supports the craft beer scene since the beginning - and he actually made a more than decent first batch I think, but the board decided it was to be cheapened. The situation on the market for them has kinda led the owners to focus primarily on creating a ton of it and selling it for cheap. Which appears to work as cans of macros which aren’t better (or aren’t much better) have reached stupidly high prices in regular stores. Well… if it helps them survive and Krešo does get to do some experiments here and there, at least something…

The Garden… hm, sometimes they feel slightly the victims of their rapid output, but they can still churn out very good beers (but some people are cooling about them, as there have been some less than great examples).

1 Like

I’d love to try some proper craft from Croatia, its just that availability and price make the Garden look very attractive to me right now.

1 Like

Sorry way behind on these, but here is my input:

I’ve had just the one trip to Croatia, back in 2003, ferrying it into Zadar from Ancona. Spending 15 great days in the country with a travel mate before heading onto Bosnia. Besides Zadar, visited beautiful Trogir & Split before heading to the islands of Brac, Hvar & Korcula, then onto Dubrovnik. We popped back into the country after Bosnia to visited Zagreb. Seriously great time to see a interesting & stunning country. Lots of beer drinking, but not much outside of macro & way before my time on RB.

My wife spent a week in Dubrovnik on a fitness retreat around 7 years ago and managed to get me some bottles back which account for my 6 ratings.

Best of them 6 -

3 Likes