This thread is finished - move on to XXIII - What ya drinkin’ part XXII

Fremont Head Full Of Dynomite #19 : Simcoe, Mosaic, and HBC 692

8 Likes

BA Quad (15.6%)

9 Likes

I picked up this pour two weeks ago. I was hoping for a cooler day to drink my first of the four pack, but my only option to enjoy outside is the nice cool early morning air.

Revolution Brewing Supermassive Cafe Deth

https://revbrew.com/beer/deep-wood-series/supermassive-café-deth

Supermassive Deth (as in teeth, named for the Founder of Revolution Brewery, part of the incredible Goose Island “Brewing Tree” Josh Deth), brewed by another GI alumni (Jim Cibak with Marty Scott). Their barrel aged program, the Deep Wood Series, can stand toe to toe with the originator of American Imperial Stouts and I’d say any other brewery in terms of this series or their wide range across many styles.

I had this first as part of the previous Fall Deep Woods release of Cafe Deth, a great annual beer. I drink this every year, and the 2019 batch was the best ever. At the release party / event, Revolution releases several variants, and Supermassive Cafe Deth was one of the variants. I was so very happy they decided to bring this back for package release two weeks ago (these were canned June 17th and sold that weekend).

The roast coffee is bolder than even the excellent rich taste of Cafe Deth. It is very sweet, on some sips it has similar sweetness and characteristics of Deth by Plums. Some maple characteristics as well, texture and taste similar to syrup. This is one of the most rich and creamy mouth feels I’ve ever experienced. Dark Matter Coffee is the coffee Revolution uses for all of it’s coffee related pours. Grab a Coffee Eugene when you are in town, you will not be disappointed.

This Oatmeal Stout has been aged 18 months in bourbon barrels. The bourbon is very smooth, the suppermassive 14.8% ABV well masked, even as this beverage warms. The rich creamy smooth texture, sweet and bold but manageable roast coffee taste, the incredible bourbon and oak barrel. I rated this as one of my highest beers ever at the release. I am updating my rating to increase mouthfeel now that i have a chance to re-experience and drink a full pour out of a proper glass.

Cheers to you, Rate Beer community across the globe. I hope you have a Supermassive Excellent Beer Wednesday, and also you get to enjoy a rich incredible pour like this one very, very soon.

5 Likes

Roadhouse Family Vacation. I killed another keg at Old Chicago and now they are out.

8 Likes

My goodness these people are simply fucking killing it!
NoDa of Charlotte.
Excellent Kolsch!
(thought you had to call it Kolsch style if outside of Koln but whatever…)
Fresh add.

9 Likes

20200701_161203

Added to the database. Damn, love the Brett character in it.

Hi Wire Barrel Aged English-Style Old Ale.

10 Likes

Maui 15 Year Anniversary Blend

Strong Ale - American 11.5%

8 Likes

Mountain Hops Brewhouse Yard Sale Pale Ale.
Newest brewery in Casper and it’s delicious!

6 Likes

Beach beer?
Maybe breakfast at the beach beer.
Tastes exactly like grapefruit juice and yeah I love to walk the beach while sucking down a pint of grapefruit juice. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Mountain Hops Back Cast Brown Ale. What a marvel!

6 Likes

Mountain Hops Alpine Glow Hefeweizen using blood oranges. Terrific.

5 Likes

Had before but for twilight golf no complaints

7 Likes

The Pale Ale from Mountain Hops was so good, I bought a Crowler. 20200702_171726

7 Likes

6 Likes

Another King Cong. Brewer is not shy about using hops. As illustrated with the hop drops on the label. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Amazing. 14.5%

7 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

A few lagers to get long weekend going

6 Likes