UK Place Review Stats

Hi everyone, it’s been a while since we looked at these: https://www.ratebeer.com/users/placeratings/9/

Five people have now reviewed places in all 46 regions/counties with two more sat on 45, 18 different regions would get you onto the leader board.

<*))))))><

1 Like

31st I see. I have a real backlog of place reviews as I cannot be bothered when 10 other people have already put comments. Having initially rated every place I went to I stopped doing so after I went to Manchester and found I had nothing much to add. Tend to now just rate places that are new or lacking rates.

Need to get my act together. Sitting 9 outside the list.

2 Likes

I’m on holiday next week so will be adding Dorset and the dreaded Isle of Wight. That’ll take me up to 37.

2 Likes

I am hoping to cover off at least one more of my three remaining by the end of the year.

1 Like

Portsmouth, Ryde, Shrewsbury, Chester, Conwy/Llandudno, and Liverpool should bump me up a bit. :slight_smile: No idea when I’m gonna do the long pointy bits of the country.

2 Likes

Not a lot of movement since I first posted this in Sep 2017. Still only 5 with all 46 regions and 2 on 45, remarkably 18 different regions will see your name appear on the list.

It would seem most of us don’t bother any more, shame really as I like to have a check to see what’s recommended in new places I am visiting.

Actually, I think my original post is dated incorrectly (a full year, as I posted it in Sep 2018, not 2017).

<*))))))><

I actually made an effort this year … for the first time in maybe four or five !

Rated a venue in Cheshire, Merseyside and Shropshire over a weekend to take out that part of the country.

On 42 now requiring Rutland, E York, Durham and Northumberland for the full house.

2 Likes

I try to make an effort but it ain’t easy to get out of my general area. I added some new regions in 2019 (Gtr Manchester, Kent, IOW and Dorset) but it’s getting to the point where I will need to plan holidays around some of the missing regions. Planning Devon and Cornwall in 2020 if money allows. Also will do a saucy day trip to Worcestershire as it isn’t too far.

Worked on my Leicestershire, Rutland and Lincs rates a couple of weeks ago. I think that at 9 rates I may have bled Rutland dry for now anyway…

This month should see trips to Staffs, Lancs and more Gtr Manchester. Finding some gems as well as some duds.

1 Like

My company are obsessed with saving on expenses so I don’t go to random meeting all over the country like I used to do.

1 Like

I think I’m down to needing 2 now. Wiltshire and Hertfordshire. Need to plan a road trip.

1 Like

I’ve been making it a point to hit up places more, but I’m backlogged on that a bit too.

3 Likes

I completed my 46 with a road trip to the West Country this July. It was one of my 2019 targets. Tick.

In general though, losing the ability to check-in when the place page was revamped, mayorships not showing properly, and the disaster maps had become had certainly reduced my interest in place rating but now maps are good and I found a way to get to check-in I’m certainly back to place rating whenever opportunity presents itself (places is an area RB is far superior in and it would be a shame to see interest dwindle).

3 Likes

How to you get to Check-in? Miss that feature

1 Like

At the place page : Beers spotted here- Add Beers, then look at top left corner, back to place, and voila Capture1911

2 Likes

@gunnar is spot on. Enjoy it once again @WingmanWillis

1 Like

Thank you @gunnar and @Grumbo

Very happy!

2 Likes