Whats your easiest missing country

There’s a couple of great breweries in Taiwan! :taiwan:

3 Likes

The only widely available Indian lager Is Kingfisher. In the UK the others are all brewed locally and I guess the same applies in other countries.

2 Likes

At least Põhjala Öö seems to have made it to North America (and several other continents too).

3 Likes

Switzerland, Turkey and Portugal, but only Portugal pre-Ratebeer. Could have ticked all three but went for non pale lagers choices instead.

3 Likes

Kingfisher is brewed in the UK as well by Heineken for a good 3 or 4 years now.

2 Likes

I suppose the difference is that it’s of Indian origin, and not faux-Indian.

2 Likes

Jordon. Very easy, cause I got a bottle for my next sharing with Marcus.

2 Likes

Wales and the shame is I was in England this year.

2 Likes

68 - Martinique

4 Likes

https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/east-end-foods/26786/ These supermarket beers are brewed in India but unfortunately under contract so they count as England which is a shame as they’re easily available.

My easiest 3 missing are:
#170 :slovenia: Slovenia
#166 :israel: Israel
#164 :dominican_republic: Dominican Republic

Slovenia used to be quite easy in the UK as Beers of Europe used to stock a couple of lagers but they don’t any more, now I’ll have to trade or visit as I’ve never seen them anywhere else.

2 Likes

#195 Russia
#194 :finland:Finland (happy centennial!)
#189 Thailand

3 Likes

There’s a newish Indian cider brewed especially for the UK - https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/himachal/467645/ . Not sure how common it is in the shops. I found it on Beers of Europe.

Easiest I’m missing are:

Guatemala (#157)
El Salvador (#156)
Columbia (#155)

3 Likes

I saw this on BoE too and actually considered buying it as I’ve never had an Asian cider before, curious what it’s like. In the end I opted for other beers but perhaps on my next order I’ll get it. I’ve never seen it in supermarkets, bottleshops or anywhere else online so it seems somewhat “rare”.

1 Like

We do counties for the UK. We do states and provinces for USA and Canada. Should we consider states and union territories for India?

1 Like

I brought up a similar question on the old forums (about other European countries though, and also Scotland and Wales) and was informed that it’s been discussed many times before and apparently there’s no real push to do anything about it.
But to answer your question, yes, we should break down as many countries as we can into state/province/county level so that we can generate even more stats for us stats geeks to pore over. Unfortunately this is not a priority for the admins, apparently.

2 Likes

Öhh, should be found at Chevice, Saluhallen Kvillebäcken;)

3 Likes

Yeah this is my misfortune to;)

3 Likes

Croatia, Argentina and the Phillippines. First two should be straightforward in the the Uk. The third, maybe not.

2 Likes

All relatively easy in the UK!

:croatia: Croatia - The Garden’s stuff is fairly widely distributed at the moment. Should be able to find them in good bottleshops, if not then check some of the online ones.
:argentina: Argentina - Haven’t ever seen any Argentinian craft in the UK, but you can always grab a bottle of Quilmes from bigger supermarkets (I think?). If not then Beers of Europe stock this.
:philippines: Philippines - A little harder to find, if you have any Asian/Oriental supermarkets near you check them. If not, one that does online is Tradewinds. I’ve used them once before as we happened to be buying some Asian food at the time, so I added all of the Asian beers they had available that I had yet to rate. For Philippines they had: Red Horse, San Mig Pilsen, San Mig Light.

3 Likes

For me it’s Turkey, followed by Argentina and South Africa.

2 Likes