RateBeer Forums

Another Stat, percentages of your rates

OK, easy Stat, which has been done before.

This time however, no need to put your ‘Willy Waving’ rating totals, just the percentage. Give the new guys and lower raters a chance to play without feeling inadequate or unwanted.

List your top countries that total more than 1% of your overall rating total.

England 44.9%
US 13.8%
Germany 8.4%
Belgium 8.0%
Scotland 4.8%
Wales 2.6%
Spain 1.8%
Netherlands 1.7%
France 1.2%
Denmark 1.0%

So ten countries over 1.0%, giving me 88.2% of my ratings, leaving 11.8% from the rest of the world.

<*))))))><

7 Likes

13 for me totalling 90.81% of my ratings.

Country Count
England 53.82%
United States 6.78%
Scotland 6.10%
Spain 3.98%
Norway 3.11%
Sweden 2.74%
Denmark 2.61%
Belgium 2.16%
Romania 2.12%
Wales 2.07%
Netherlands 1.98%
Germany 1.89%
Ireland 1.47%

New Zealand in 14th place with 0.97%, just 2 more rates and it’ll be 1%

6 Likes

Cool stat. I have most of my rates concentrated from a few countries. All the usual suspects, with England way out in front.

England: 66.1%
United States: 6.5%
Scotland: 6.4%
Belgium: 3.7%
Germany: 2.8%
Wales: 2.5%
Netherlands: 1.1%

6 Likes

13 countries over 1% - country percentages actually surprised by some, but not by others :slight_smile:

Denmark 26.24%
US 19.92%
England 17.83%
Sweden 6.30%
Spain 4.22%
Germany 3.61%
Netherlands 3.04%
Belgium 2.50%
Scotland 1.94%
Norway 1.82%
Poland 1.65%
Italy 1.34%
France 1.31%

5 Likes

According to “My Countries and Regions” the totals are

England 71.2%
Latvia 9.6%
Scotland 3.7%
Wales 2.8%
Poland 2.3%
Belgium 1.9%
Germany 1.6%
Ireland 1.5%
USA 1.3%
Netherlands 1.2%

However, Scotland total is inflated due to RB counting all the Beer 52 “fake brewery” beers as coming from there, when they are actually brewed mainly in Belgium and Germany.

5 Likes
Canada 56%
United States 24%
England 5%
Belgium 4%
New Zealand 2%
Scotland 2%
Denmark 1%
Germany 1%

95% of my ratings. I’ve been to all of them except Germany and Denmark. They also come out higher than Wales, Ireland, and France, which I have also visited so that’s maybe an interesting commentary on how few local ticks I got on those trips!

4 Likes

11 of my 28 countries are over 1%, so quite a long tail:

Country Percentage
England 62.65%
Scotland 12.65%
United States 3.88%
Poland 2.86%
Wales 2.86%
Belgium 2.45%
Australia 2.04%
Germany 1.63%
Denmark 1.22%
Ireland 1.22%
Norway 1.02%
4 Likes

Nice to see someone’s England total is a higher percentage than mine!

Here we go
England 58.8
Scotland 5.7
New Zealand 5.5
USA 5.1
Germany 4.4
France 4.0
Belgium 3.3
Wales 1.7
Ireland 1.2
Spain 1.0

4 Likes

18 countries over 1%, totalling 90,96% of my ratings:

Country Count
Spain 19.56%
United States 11.13%
England 11.08%
Germany 9.16%
Netherlands 6.65%
Denmark 6.09%
Portugal 5.09%
Belgium 3.26%
Russia 3.07%
Ireland 3.02%
Scotland 2.65%
Sweden 2.41%
Italy 1.80%
Norway 1.41%
Austria 1.27%
Finland 1.17%
Canada 1.07%
Poland 1.07%

Cheers!

5 Likes

90.51% of my ratings are from 8 countries:

Count Percentage
England 3177 69.14
United States 295 6.42
Germany 175 3.81
Scotland 144 3.13
Finland 117 2.55
Belgium 116 2.52
Netherlands 89 1.94
Wales 46 1.00

Just got a delivery today with a few more US beers and a Finnish cider.

4 Likes

18 countries above 1%. These make up 82.63% of my total count.

Country Count Percentage
Sweden 7666 23,98%
United States 3282 10,27%
Germany 2422 7,58%
England 2273 7,11%
Denmark 2260 7,07%
Belgium 1598 5,00%
Finland 1057 3,31%
Canada 732 2,29%
France 727 2,27%
Norway 644 2,01%
Scotland 596 1,86%
Switzerland 582 1,82%
Czech Republic 537 1,68%
Poland 521 1,63%
Netherlands 490 1,53%
China 370 1,16%
Italy 333 1,04%
Japan 324 1,01%
4 Likes
England 64.1 %
United States 6.2 %
Scotland 5.4 %
Australia 4.0 %
Belgium 2.5 %
Denmark 2.2 %
Wales 2.0 %
France 1.5 %
Germany 1.3 %

Am surprised how far England is ahead of everywhere else, but then it is the biggest cider producer and cider consumer market in the world! :slight_smile:

Waissal!

4 Likes

11 countries totalling 90.8%. 42 countries making up the other 9.2%

Country Count
England 65.0%
Scotland 5.7%
Germany 4.9%
United States 3.6%
Ireland 3.0%
Belgium 2.8%
Netherlands 1.4%
Wales 1.3%
Denmark 1.1%
New Zealand 1.0%
Australia 1.0%

Need to up my Welsh rates considering its only an hour and half drive for me to cross the ‘border’.

4 Likes

6 countries account for 92.6% of my rates. The remaining 7.4% comes from 47 countries.

Here’s my “big 6” with over 1% of my rates:
England 74.5%
Scotland 7.3%
United States 3.9%
Wales 3.3%
Belgium 2.3%
Germany 1.4%

Adding in Norn as well, my UK total is over 85% of my rates - I clearly need to get out more!

A related stat - I have 27 regions with more than 1% of my ratings - 25 of those are in England and 2 in Scotland.

4 Likes

Same for me, I can be at Cardiff or Newport in that time! Just never been that enticed by Welsh beers in all honesty. However, Polly’s are ever impressive and Wild Horse has been a recent revelation for me so there is some attraction now. And I suppose there’s always Tiny Rebel and to a lesser degree Crafty Devil for easy ticks.

1 Like

My Welsh rates so far have been Tiny Rebel and a number £1.50 bottle offerings at Morrisons with mixed quality but always nice to discover new breweries and regions.

I did try a Polly’s barley wine recently which was very good but generally I only like to pay over £3.50 a beer on local breweries as it can get expensive otherwise. Therefore I suspect it will be more cheap Welsh beers from me going forward!

1 Like

UK total is over 85% of my rates - I clearly need to get out more!

It’s nice to have diversity of choice but my foreign ratings have absolutely plummeted over the last 3-5 years, even pre-pandemic.

For years it was a huge deal to cross the border to the US, but the domestic craft beer market has improved so much in terms of quality AND quantity that the lure of bring a big haul from the US is mostly gone. With 300+ craft breweries in Ontario, getting beer that’s been shipped across the country (or world!) is less appealing unless it’s truly top tier and worth the effort.

1 Like

My stats have a really high English weighting.

Country Count Percentage
England 7,707 73.7%
Scotland 596 5.7%
United States 422 4.0%
Wales 296 2.8%
Denmark 255 2.4%
Belgian 204 2.0%
Sweden 110 1.1%
Netherlands 107 1.0%
Germany 104 1.0%

And for regions I have the following with over 1% of my rates

Country Region Count Percentage
England Greater London 721 6.9%
England Nottinghamshire 678 6.5%
England Lincolnshire 522 5.0%
England West Yorkshire 460 4.4%
England Derbyshire 420 4.0%
England Greater Manchester 412 3.9%
England North Yorkshire 361 3.5%
England Golucestershire 336 3.2%
Scotland Grampian 273 2.6%
England South Yorkshire 240 2.3%
England Berkshire 230 2.2%
England Cornwall 177 1.7%
England Northamptonshire 174 1.7%
England Tyne & Wear 174 1.7%
England Suffolk 172 1.6%
England West Midlands 163 1.6%
England Somerset 160 1.5%
England Cambridgeshire 156 1.5%
Scotland Lothian 144 1.4%
United States California 123 1.2%
England Leicestershire 123 1.2%
England Staffordshire 121 1.2%
England Norfolk 120 1.1%
Wales Gwent 119 1.1%
England Merseyside 115 1.1%
England Kent 115 1.1%
England Hampshire 108 1.0%
England East Yorkshire 108 1.0%
England Devon 107 1.0%
England Durham 105 1.0%
3 Likes

Nice stat. I’ve got 76.4% of ratings from 19 countries at 1% or more.

Always made an effort to drink a lot of different countries, but no foreign travel over the past 1.5 years has seen me mostly drinking local.

Russia - 27.6%
Germany - 7.6%
England - 6.2%
Belgium - 4%
Belarus - 3.7%
US - 3.5%
Ukraine - 3.4%
Czech Republic - 3.4%
Lithuania - 2.9%
Ireland - 2.3%
Armenia - 1.8%
Spain - 1.8%
Poland - 1.6%
Japan - 1.2%
Serbia - 1.2%
Bulgaria - 1.1%
France - 1.1%
Georgia - 1%
Kazakhstan - 1%

4 Likes




Add To RateBeer

Add A Beer
Add A Brewer
Add A Place
Add An Event


Manage Your Account

Add Premium
Edit Profile
Messages
Sign out

RateBeer Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter, RateBeer Weekly, a must for understanding new people, places and beers in worldwide craft culture.


Stay Connected


2000- 2017 © RateBeer, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Service