Ask The RateBeer Team!

@services Are user ratings considered to be personal data by Ratebeer? I cannot find a definition of personal data in the Privacy Policy.

2 Likes

I work with biometrics and so handle GDPR on a daily basis.
I’m on the technical side though, not any legal, but from what I’ve read I’d say not covered by GDPR. Else it wouldn’t be allowed to be displayed to anyone publicly.

1 Like

Yes, you do. It’s behind a paywall though (available to premium users only).

5 Likes

When are the rewards getting automaticly adjusted again? This is major problem from many users!

1 Like

‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person

Any information” seems quite clear to me. The only wiggle room around that is to say “reviews and ratings are not information”, and if you’re technical, joking aside, I presume you can see the flaw with that argument.

@StalinCat’s screwed, of course.

2 Likes

On rewards/ awards, the word seems to be that they have decided “not to build out Awards any further”. And this seems to mean they broke them accidentally and don’t intend to find out how to fix them, let alone expand them to what was suggested they would become when introduced.

@StalinCat and @LeninCat are very much real cats.

Since we have to email beer pics now, when we get a reply saying that the pic should be visible now, can we get an idea of which pic it is?

1 Like

And more important, why do we have to e-mail photos? Really miss the easy «add picture» function. I am talking about beers who someone has added without a picture.

1 Like

Pics should be as easy to add as it is in the What ya drinkin thread. Update pics emailed probably/ maybe. Same with updating adding info. Whatever

2 Likes

I just realized the Facebook Q&A is over… 16 comments and many of these were Questions taken from the forums by the RB team themselves … it what a worldwide success :stuck_out_tongue:

You better stick to the forums :stuck_out_tongue:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

2 Likes

Basically you can add photos pretty easy when you add a new beer, but otherwise it’s impossible.

2 Likes

I sent an email with a pic for the second time…

1 Like

What if Untappd users suddenly had to send an e-mail to add a pic…

1 Like

I don’t think public display is incompatible with information being personal information.

As a bad example, if I print my birthdate on a poster and put it on my balcony (not covered by GDPR, but publicly available), that doesn’t give anyone else the right to publish or even save my birthdate anywhere without my consent (which might be covered by GDPR depending on whether that person does it for leisure or for professional purposes).

1 Like

I’m talking aboot the beer’s profile page, which IS impossible on Untappd.

Roger that! If breweries cared about RateBeer at all, they would add new beers with information and photo, as they do at Untappd. RB users have to do this job and then it is important that it is easy to add pics to excisting beers.

1 Like

For the life of me, I cannot fathom why the option of adding pics of existing beers was taken away.

3 Likes

There’s no automated process for reading the mails and adding pictures.
It’s work done voluntarily by admins.
I think that many more admins have stopped or slowed down their contribution for free to AB InBev in the last two weeks.
I don’t know which admins were processing the photos; if those ones have quietly left the building, don’t expect quick updates.

2 Likes