Beer Events / The Shires, etc

Ticket for Coventry Beer Festival on Friday secured, train tickets sorted and the day off approved - so all looking good for my first beer festival for nearly 3 years! Beer list looks quite good, some new breweries for me so am a little bit excited - more than I should be!

1 Like

I will be there for 12pm opening. No ticket for me but should be fine. I will be there with a couple from Dudley.
11 New Breweries for me. Hope to see you there, not that we have met before.

1 Like

Wet Wednesday in Shropshire, this is what’s on at Ye Olde Fighting Cocks, in Oakengates: The prices are for PINTS, by the way!

<*))))))><

3 Likes

Wish Oakham did count as Rutland!

It used too, but they moved to Peterborough from Oakham years ago; Grainstore are in their old place and doing a grand job.

<*))))))><

I knew that, but clearly your pub doesn’t. Would love Oakham to move back to Rutland (or the IoW)…

Ha! Didn’t notice that, or I would have told them.

<*))))))><

Just an update on the Newark Beer Festival. I’m going on the Thursday. The beer list is available:

Over 100 beers on offer. 3 new breweries for me and a fair number of new beers.

2 Likes

Holdens Brewery have gone back in time.

To celebrate Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth 11 on 70 years as our Monarch, we have recreated our Historic Jubilee ale from 20 years ago .

Traditional brewed with the finest ingredients of Herefordshire Fuggles and English Maris otter pale and crystal malt, creating a moreish 4.2% session ale for you all to enjoy .

Hope to find one!

<*))))))><

I’m making it my mission to avoid the Jubilee at all costs.

1 Like

What, not even the Jubilee Line on the underground @imdownthepub Glen!

<*))))))><

Just for @imdownthepub , here’s a list of “special” brews for the Jubilee:

3 Likes

Do we need a new tag for these? :grinning:

Not holding out too much hope that they will be that good really.

Ticked a Jubilee ale I added here not on that list last night…

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/portobello-platinum-pale-ale/1018890/215924/

Probably going to come across a few more I’m sure over the next 2 weeks I’m here.

1 Like

Has the Queen expressed a preference for ~4.0% Pale Ales?

The Queen is surely an imperial fan…

Being a German family, probably Lagers or even s Hefeweizen.

Same here but I have to go to London on 5 June… hope everyone’s Jubilee-d out by then!

1 Like

I’m at a family wedding in Manchester for the weekend, so there’s hope.

1 Like