BotM April’24: Saison

Let’s see if we can hit at least 20 posts. Saison used to be big but now it’s hard to find local versions.

5 Likes

I think if I put my mind to it, I can get 20 this month.

1 Like

Shit, just drank a bunch of Irish Saisons.

2 Likes

I think Forest&Main is the best Saison brewery in the world.

5 Likes

Afterthought, Chicago area Saison Mecca, has two Fantomes on tap, Pissenlit and Garden Ghost.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Had Casa Agria - BDX at Finback LIC two days ago. Good stuff.

1 Like

Quite different than saison I just had from Oxbow

5 Likes

6 Likes

Nippon Saison

6 Likes

Good reason to revisit this beauty.

5 Likes

Not that many new saisons around here - it’s Autumn. But some. Holgate/ Molly Rose Entwined - 25th Anniversary beer for the former is a collaboration with their former brewer at the latter.

4 Likes

Didn’t expect to find any saisons on my recent trip to deepest darkest Norfolk, but actually found two (although they were both actually from Cambridgeshire)…

5 Likes

Had no idea what this was going to be before I bought it. Had no idea what a triple saison is meant to be. Color me surprised when I pop this open and it’s a Brett beer!

5 Likes

Listed as a Biere de Garde here, but I disagree. Lovely light funky and dry saison / table beer-style beer. A bit enthusiastic when coming out of the bottle so had to get 2 glasses. Better than the ratings suggest imho.

5 Likes

About 2-5 saisons in this pic. With @explosivedog

5 Likes

You two just randomly walk by this bench filled with beer? That’s lucky

4 Likes

Love how there’s a Ukrainian beer chilling there. Not a saison, but fuck it, гарно вишло, як на мене.

2 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately the only Ukrainian beers that make it to us are pretty vile macros, like this 12% strong lager, which, all things considered, was kind of OK. Український сейзон would be a real win.

2 Likes

There is also a Ukrainian Kvas!

2 Likes