FIFA World Cup Virtual Bar Friday 15th June

Pretty poor array. I mean, based on what they stock, it’s just the cheapest options, other than the Croatian sour.

Give me a prod nearer the time and I’ll join in.

OK Ian.

<*))))))><

Not drinking at the moment due to the new addition and all… A session is out of the question but may be able to sneak in a cheeky one on the 15th, baby permitting…

2 Likes

I’m out watching Bill Bailey on Friday 15th.

Will hopefully pop by post 2230.

2 Likes

I will be starting at the first match of the day @ 13:00 Egypt v Uruguay, so may well be asleep by the time you pull up a chair!

<*))))))><

1 Like

It’s my local branch beer festival so normally I’d go there, but looking at the list there are only 20 I need and as I will be volunteering on the Saturday to serve behind the bar, I’ll pick up those 20 fairly easily in one go (self service third of a pint).
So yes, I should be at my laptop with some French/Ukranian beers for this one.

1 Like

I will be visiting a Booth’s Supermarket before the event and hope to pick up some new beers from them. I don’t go very often, but I always find plenty of bottles to come away with, here’s hoping they have a World Cup shelf or something.

<*))))))><

Just picked up a bottle from Iceland in a special World Cup Edition! I am in.

1 Like

Right @rhoihessegold get your name on the Events Page: https://www.ratebeer.com/event/55689/

@Theydon_Bois and @harrisoni if you could do the same please, it might make a few more people join in the ‘fun’.

<*))))))><

I have linked this page onto the Beer Talk Forum, hopefully get a few more through the door!

<*))))))><

I’m in.
At this moment I have: Germany, Belgium, Denmark, England, Poland and of course Spain in my cellar. Apart of those, I can get some other countries before opening time.

1 Like

ok done

1 Like

I am guessing most of the beers that I will be drinking will be Belgian and French

No German’s in your current stash Ian? English stuffs allowed too.

<*))))))><

We are now up to 15 players with over 11 days to go, great stuff.

<*))))))><

No, nothing fresh enough.

17 names on the Events Page now: bring it on.

<*))))))><

Just joined. Soph and I caught the USA vs France friendly last night on a Moroccan channel and, well… im not holding out much hope for my adopted country. Very sloppy performance with little chemistry. Didier looked a bit nervous. Oh well, got plenty of French bottles in for their first match against Australia. And some Guinea beers for Spain vs Portugal on Friday.

1 Like

I picked up 2 Spanish beers, new to me and the website by the looks of it, to drink on Friday. Santiagus??? Anyone???