FIFA World Cup Virtual Bar Friday 15th June

Took this pic just before the pen decision!

Described on the can as a “Barcelona Weisse” with orange, mango, passionfruit and pineapple. And that pretty sums up my initial thoughts. Just a really solid, tropical fruity Berliner. Light creamy feel. Light sourness and moderate acidity. I’m liking it a lot.

2 Likes

I’ll continue with a german weissbier, a cheap one from Lidl.

www.ratebeer.com/beer/lidl-perlenbacher-hefeweissbier/301697/

Wilkommen

Don’t know if anyone else is doing it but the official FIFA site has a fantasy world cup league thing going on. Siren started a public league where the winner will receive a signed growler from them. I joined it Wednesday night and swapped out Ronaldo for Neymar at the last minute. Mildly annoyed that Ronaldo scored the pen, albeit kind of pleased for him at the same time since his world cups have been a bit shit considering his success outside of international games.

Not a fan of fantasy football as I end up having to have players who are playing against my club/country. I did do a Premier League score prediction season though which I thought was very good.

As for Woodfordes M&S British Lager, well I’ve not known Woodfordes to be a lager producer. However it was decent and had some likeable floral character. No off flavours.

Pretty open game by the looks of it. Chances for both sides.

Yeah I rarely bother with it to be honest, kind of just did it on a whim since Siren started this league, just a bit of fun for me I won’t take it too seriously. I have no English players in my team. It’s essentially a mix of household names plus unknown names to remain within the price limit.

1-1! Great game so far!

Typical Diego Costa bullying goal. Was that a foul on Pepe or just using his strength? Costa is a big bruiser of a centre forward and good for him. Love how he uses his body to knock defenders off a challenge.

Yep agree, game of the competition so far.

Pepe went down far too easy. Would have done better to stay on his feet and apply more pressure.

Really pleased both teams are going for it.

And pleased that the VAR held up both goals.

Wow right on the line. Cracking shot though.

We’re camping 6.2miles from home and listening to the footie on 5live. Not really doing this right as we’re doing the Cannonball Run, on the NE Cannonball now.

Welcome Fin Loz and Frank.

I have the 5Live commentary on the TV.

Enjoy the Cannonballs. I liked the NE

1 Like

Nice one!!!

Cheers Ian. We will agree the NE is great.

Nice one! Enjoy the Cannonball run, didn’t do it myself this year but I did get a can of the Neo. Thought it was excellent.