How is Coronavirus Impacting Ticking

I keep seeings signs everywhere saying that alcohol kills the virus, so am testing that out this evening with this one

3 Likes

and now I’m not…:frowning: The event my wife goes to was psotponed to late summer. Hope to see some of you then…

I might be heading for my lowest number of new beers in a month for a long time. I don’t think it’s Coronavirus related, just one of those months. Also a big month in Feb.

I might have to wait until next week to hit the 9,000, only 13 beers to go.

2 Likes

Shropshire still active, got two new rates in my four pints yesterday, McColls and a Northern Whisper!

<*))))))><

1 Like

I am grounded by my company, Work trip to Amsterdam cancelled last week, Copenhagen event and work trip cancelled Saturday for this week, work event in Amsterdam Monday also canned, not even allowed domestic travel. I’m working from home for the last 2 weeks, so have been to the local breweries much more, Double Barrelled, Siren and Elusive are keeping me busy as well as working on the 400 beers in the garage

3 Likes

Nottingham is still very much open but this may be my time to buy more bottles and prepare for solitary drinking. I do fear for the pub trade as this escalates. But it’s not worth killing an old geezer for

1 Like

Just been informed that Zythos 2020 is cancelled. I will be refunded my entry ticket fee, but at the moment I still have Eurostar and Hotel paid for, I need a government to say not to travel to get that back. Darn.

A number of hotel chains are giving refunds due to the situation.

I’ve just cancelled our hotel in Galway, (cancelled before the deadline, so no fee or payement) hope to re-book, if everything calms down as I have flights, car hire and airport parking paid for as well. Flights out on 1st April.

Just put an order in with Beers of Europe, so ticking will continue.

<*))))))><

Didn’t stop me getting to the Deya taproom … solid place

3 Likes

My 96 year old Aunt lives a mere 20 minute walk away from the Deya taproom, would love to visit that place but on my last 2 visits it was closed. Need to plan better for my next visit.

1 Like

They have us working from home indefinitely. So normally on Friday I stop at a bar/brewery/bottle shop for some drafts and cans for weekend but that is near work so cancelled. Then I’ve work trip to a Philadelphia cancelled a work trip to Belfast cancelled or postponed until summer and a family trip to Sicily cancelled. So I’m hurting plus my wife has us pretty much on house arrest and never kept a cellar.

Hops in Crewe was unbelievably busy today. We reckoned everyone going to the pub instead of watching the football. Expecting an increase in the birth-rate about November time as well !!

Disaster, you need to order a home delivery quickly. Hope things improve for you. Pubs and Festivals still going here, hopefully they will be able to maintain that.

We were hoping to get to Landshut Bierfestival in a couple of weeks CANCELLED, Craft Bierfestival, München the weekend after CANCELLED. Bars, shops still open but schools closing from tomorrow until after Easter.

A few places have been shutting or such like - seems to be London. Fourpure tap shut (but they can presumably afford that). Hop, Burns & Block are not allowing drinking on the premises.

All fine in the Shires at the moment, although my trip to Ireland on 1st April might be off, they are talking about shutting pubs and restaurants at the moment.

Inside gatherings of over 100 and outside of over 500 already being stopped on the Emerald Isle.

<*))))))><

Yeah normal busy weekend in Shrewsbury… 10k this morning so town full of ppl, lots of families and people of all ages. Pubs & coffee shops full. Seems to be a feeling of business as usual. Of course, if we do get a case confirmed here things could all change.

1 Like

Same in the Netherlands, all bars and restaurants (and schools, sport clubs, sex clubs) closed for at least three weeks from tomorrow. Oh, and (Dutch) coffee shops as well, so right now there are actually queues outside… The people were apparently wrong hoarding toilet paper.

1 Like