How you liking the new Regional Stats?

Yes I’ve been tempted to try BoE as I can tick off about 12 countries but the thought of buying a bunch of basic lagers sort of puts me off. Maybe I’ll mix and match with some decent stuff.

The Collective Arts case sounds great. I’ll be keeping an eye out for this. Thanks for the tip.

One of my local farm shops (the new swanky one) had a few beers from Collective Art so they get quite good distro.

1 Like

I’m really digging all the improvements in the Reginal Stats department and TBH it feels like the most active RB has been since the ABinBev was announced as a investor.

Australian States (5/8) Average Count
Victoria 3.32 13
New South Wales 3.15 8
South Australia 3.3 3
Belgium Provinces (11/11) Average Count
East Flanders 3.19 196
West Flanders 3.37 178
Flemish Brabant 3.04 141
Canadian Provinces (6/13) Average Count
British Columbia 3.28 74
Quebec 3.64 20
Alberta 2.85 13
English Counties (46/46) Average Count
Suffolk 3.2 170
Greater London 3.35 166
Greater Manchester 3.64 124
German Bundeslander (16/16) Average Count
Bavaria 3.07 163
North Rhine-Westphalia 2.83 49
Rhineland-Palatinate 2.65 31
Scotland Regions (12/15) Average Count
Grampian 3.64 41
Lothian 3.23 28
Central Scotland 3.39 11
US States (51/51) Average Count
Alaska 3.49 899
California 3.55 509
Florida 3.45 493
4 Likes

Good to see all this Grampian love!

3 Likes

I’m all for joining in on these stats posts - but no willy waving from me, not with so little to flaunt!

Belgium

East Flanders 2

Hainaut 1

West Flanders 1

England

West Yorkshire 37

Greater London 22

Oxfordshire 13

Germany

Baden-Württemberg 2

Saxony 1

Scotland

Grampian 17

Lothian 12

Tayside 4

United States

California 4

New York 4

Ohio 1

Meagre pickings from some countries - Australia & Canada both contributing zero rates / regions for me! Although Victoria in the former will soon have a few, thanks to Beer52

2 Likes

Oxfordshire 3rd for England, nice to see.

All down to a trip to Oxford in the summer, when we were allowed to go places!

1 Like

Saarland has not many breweries and craft-beer is hard to find. But if you have a local “source”, it’s quite easy to get the newest releases :beers:
We moved now back to the Düsseldorf-Area, but my in-laws still live in the Saarland - so if COVID permits, we’ll visit them every few weeks so that our kids can spend time with their grandparents :child: And I can find the newest beers down there, of course :beer:

3 Likes

@Erzengel , I have a friend who lives in Remich (LUX) and he has taken us to a couple of brewpubs in Saarland when we stayed with him. Been a while since we went that way, but he is the reason I have a few more Luxembourg and Saarland rates compared to most British ratebeer chaps.

<*))))))><

1 Like

I’m loving the new region stats, something I’ve been wanting for ages. It gives me a new impetus for Scotland rates especially (I stopped targetting Scottish rates once I’d hit 100 and coloured the map darkest blue).

I’m a little sad there’s no maps to colour in for the new ones, but hopefully that will come with time. Gradually colouring in the regios maps darker and darker is definitely a highight of the site for me (sad, I know!).

Australia (missing 4 states)
Victoria 2
South Australia 2
Western Australia & New South Wales - both 1

Belgium (missing 2 provinces)
Flemish Brabant 20
West Flanders 13
East Flanders 10

Canada (missing 9 provinces)
Ontario 2
Quebec, New Brunswick & Nova Scotia - all 1

England (have all counties)
Greater London 173
Suffolk 138
Buckinghamshire 136 (home county)

Germany (missing 8 Bundeslander)
Bavaria 23
Berlin 4
North Rhine Westphalia 4

Scotland (missing 4 regions)
Grampian 80
Lothian 75
Central Scotland 24

United States of America (missing 25 regions)
California 28
Colorado 12
New York 11

4 Likes
Australian States (3/8) Count
South Australia 6
Victoria 2
New South Wales 2
Belgium Provinces (11/11) Count
West Flanders 313
East Flanders 166
Flemish Brabant 153
Canadian Provinces (4/13) Count
Quebec 16
Ontario 7
British Columbia 5
English Counties (46/46) Count
Greater London 797
Derbyshire 771
West Yorkshire 444
German Bundeslander (15/16) Count
Bavaria 938
North Rhine-Westphalia 67
Baden-Württemberg 52
Scotland Regions (14/15) Count
Grampian 234
Lothian 116
Central Scotland 75
US States (47/51) Count
California 308
New York 95
Colorado 80
1 Like

Here’s mine … a couple of dicks to wave added to a few shrivelled up balls !

I need 2 AUS and 4 CAN to complete the full set so 154/160 here.

Also pleased to avoid any single figure scores for these top 3’s … especially for my lesser rated countries of AUS and CAN !

AUS
Victoria … 36
New South Wales … 29
Southern Australia … 13

BEL
West Flanders … 265
Flemish Brabant … 211
Brussels Capital Region … 114

CAN
Quebec … 86
Ontario … 63
British Columbia … 17

ENG
Greater London … 4,063
Greater Manchester … 1,145
Berkshire … 712

GER
Bavaria … 627
North Rhine-Westphalia … 122
Berlin … 94

SCO
Grampian … 640
Lothian … 216
Highlands and Western Isles … 89

USA
California … 1,840
Oregon … 831
New York … 713

2 Likes

Impressive stats Colin.

1 Like

I saw that like pop in my feed and saw this post out of context to this thread … I presumed you were talking about my Ayrshire 1 :grinning:

2 Likes

AUS
New South W(h)ales - 7
Victoria - 5
South Australia - 1
(technically Queensland 1 as well, but not gonna count a horrid Castlemaine XXXX brewed by Carlsberg Italy)

BEL
Flemish Brabant - 121
West Flanders - 103
East Flanders - 85

CAN
Quebec - 14
Ontario - 11
British Columbia - 9
(and one from Yukon, that’s it)

ENG
Greater London - 105
Greater Manchester - 50
Somerset - 42 (with West Yorkshire gaining on it at 41)

GER
Bavaria - 580
Baden-Württemberg 130
Berlin - 92 (Nordrhein-Westphalen gaining on it at 91)

SCO
Brewdogland - 96 (actually, with three from Six Degrees North)
Lothian - 14
Borders - 13

USA
California - 122
Oregon - 39
New York - 34 (CoLOLrado at 32 and Michigan at 28 being close)

Only been several times to Germany, 2 times to Belgium (on non-beer related things which I boosted with beer-related things somewhat), the rest I’ve never been to, explaining the low numbers.

1 Like

Not sure if this is useful for those in Britain and Ireland in the coronatimes, but Amsterdam is slowly becoming an easier place to find decent Canadian beers. Almost all of them are from Ontario and Quebec, though.

One brewery in British Columbia (Steamworks in Vancouver, which I would classify as pretty okay) is fairly widely available in Germany, especially in bigger cities. I remember sharing a few bottles of Steamworks beer that I got from a convenience store while watching the Grand Départ of the Tour de France in Düsseldorf a couple of years ago.

1 Like

I do get trips to the States and to Italy but basically I am a hometown guy with low scores beyond Nottinghamshire. As a result it was a pleasant surprise to find that I had spread my love around the regions in a couple of cases notably Belgium and Germany despite low totals and I have a case of Belgian beers on the way to keep me going. If only I had been rating during a one month stay in Vancouver my Canadian total would look hugely different and I know I was in Toronto too early to enjoy the craft scene there. Given that the English county thread has set many of us thinking about visiting English haunts when allowed, I wonder if I will add significantly to these non-European numbers from my Italian refuge. Collective Arts from Ontario do excellent stuff. Bushwakker from Saskatchewan was in Wetherspoons and was pretty poor I remember. Judging by my scores (3.6 and 3.7) Pirate Life of S. Australia is one to keep an eye out for!
Australia: (2/8)

New South Wales 2

South Australia

Belgium: (8/11)

West Flanders 6

East Flanders 5

Flemish Brabant 5

Canada: (2/13)

Ontario 2

Saskatchewan 1

England: (46/46)

Nottinghamshire 551

Derbyshire 261

West Yorkshire 159

Germany: (6/16)

Bavaria 21

Berlin 12

Baden-Wurttemberg 4

Scotland: (10/15)

Grampian 86

Lothian 25

Central Scotland 15

USA: (34/51)

Massachusetts 63

California 22

Colorado 15

1 Like

At the moment, with Brexit having just completed, no where on mainland Europe is particularly useful until they organise how the posting of goods is going to work … and hopefully not at a silly cost !

I did an order from Amsterdam in November, From BeerDome, great choice from the USA … didn’t really look into Canada as my basket quickly accelerated close to €300 !

2 Likes

Here’s mine. Haven’t been to UK since i started rating beers other than Northern Ireland, ditto Belgium and Australia. Lived in Ontario and BC hence high numbers there, and now live in DC region which pumps my Va and Maryland numbers high. Germany only been around Berlin post RB life.

Australia:
Victoria: 10
New South Whales: 3
South Aus: 3

Belgium:
West Flanders: 127
Flemish Brabant: 88
Hainaut: 80

Canada:
Ontario: 979
Quebec: 452
BC 422

England:
Greater London: 33
Derbyshire: 32
Berkshire: 29

Germany:
Bavaria 159
North Rhine Westfalia: 35
Berlin 29

Scotland
Lothian 19
Grampian 14
Central Scotland 12

U.S.
Virginia 1726
California 962
Maryland 803

2 Likes

I have had all English counties a few years now, and also all German Bundesländer. As Belgium is in now, it seems I have all provinces there too. But I still lack several in Canada and Australia - not many beers from over there make it to Norway, I’m afraid. I still miss some USA states too. I was a bit surprised that I lack two counties in Scotland (Ayrshire and Dumfries & Galloway), but I hope to straighten that out when this f*&#§! travel ban is lifted - after all, I live near Stavanger, with just a little more than 1 hour’s direct flight to Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Newcastle.

5 Likes