Lithuania-Latvia-Estonia-July 2018 (beer and non beer related tips are welcome)

RBESG 2017 was in Riga-Tartu-Tallinn-Helsinki
The proposal, that we more or less followed, is still available, can perhaps give some inspiration?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byr9RTMqvIWHV2t5ZzZjeHRjc1k/view

The old forum post about is can also still be viewed, here:
https://www.ratebeer.com/forums/ratebeer-european-summer-gathering-2017-latvia-estonia-finland-july-20-23_294863.htm

1 Like

Logistically and (and therefore) timewise I would do Narva after Tartu. And from Narva-Rakvere-PÀrnu-Kuressaare. Main reason for that is road from Tartu to PÀrnu is shit (max 90 km/h, but a lot of 70 km/h parts) whilst Tartu to Narva is well maintained. Plus you get to drive the famous (for locals) Onion road (sibulatee) which runs along the Peipsi jÀrv. Plus this gives you opportunity to drive through the industrial landscapes in the east north (around JÔhvi and KiviÔli).

From Narva via Rakvere to PĂ€rnu is locally important road and is well maintained. Most of the parts allow you drive up to 110km/h in summer.

Day in a Kuressaare is enough. Make sure to go via Kaali meteor crater and Pihtla Pruulikoda siproom is not far from there. Both are close to Kuressaare and on the way. Make sure not to hit Saaremaa during weekend, 'cause ferries can be full and you might get stuck there.

Plan your trip with spare time 'cause there can be lots of road works. Bare in mind that we basically have 0 tolerance in drunk driving, once caught 15 days in soap non-drop zone it is :slight_smile:

Don’t get fooled by this thing called “summer”. Last mid summer eve (24th of june) I was melting during the day, but was scraping ice off my tent in the night :slight_smile:

And ofc whilst in Tallinn, give us a BM and we can show you around and have a beer or two.

1 Like

@gnoff ill check it out again, i remember it from last year.

@Marduk Thnx for the advice, ill pass it along. Will message you once the dates are set. 2 years ago i went to iceland so gravel roads are know hehe, but ill keep it in mind.

15 days in soap non-drop zone it is
 well it would lenghten my holiday XD but i get it, i guess someone is a designated driver

Only 1 night in Tartu? Let me know when you are coming and maybe I can make you a quick bar tour in Tartu. Beer places in Tartu are all pretty close except the PĂŒhaste Brewery.

Welcome to Lithuania.