PLACES DIRECTORY PAGES (COUNTRY/STATE/CITY/) Bugs and Feedback

I’ll make sure to track these pages in the tickets as well. So I can respond back to the respective pages.

Thanks again for all the hard work collating these issues.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

1 Like

In desktop view, when multiple columns are involved (8 for me) , when we try to hover with our mouse over a long country name (displayed in 2 lines because too long), the name goes single line an modify the columns width… this cause the country name to move so it’s impossible to click on it (ex: try clicking on CZECH REPUBLIC)

In the City pages, the header shortcuts to Regions still send us to the old pages instead of the new ones (when those pages had Metropolitan Areas)
ex:

if you click on FLORIDA, it sends you there

instead of

@services

The places are duplicates because there’s probably some conflict with the older format that includes Metropolitan Areas.

old format with metropolitan areas

we can’t keep that format because there’s too many broken things there

new format streamlined without metropolitan areas.

That new format listings are totally messed up…the A-Z listing starts over and over again

I don’t know how to keep those Metropolitan areas (which have number codes in the Add/Edit Place page) without having to go back to the older pages…

In each Region page, could you create a scrolling bar containing all the Metropolitan Areas?
Or a toggle view filter A-Z or Metropolitan?

@services

@weihenweizen It looks like those places are listed under multiple different regions. Do you know if there exists a Charles Town / Washington-Arlington-Alexandria AND a Charles Town / Winchester or is it both the same place?

@Viper666.Qc do you know the answer to this as well?

You better ask the regional admin for this…
I really don’t know how they used to manage the Metropolitan Areas…I just know it looks like a mess to begin with…

It is the same town.
@services

The places for Hilton Head and Hilton Head Island in South Carolina should be combined under Hilton Head Island
@services

The PLACES Forum header link still sends us to the old page format (this is why the fixing and streamlining the HEADERS are high priority)
@services

Header link for the forum should now be updated as well. Thanks for the spot @Viper666.Qc

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

The forum SEARCH and all the Ratebeer links down the forum page don’t work as well, they all do some kind of home/pageup instead…just in case you are in the mood :wink:

Is this one of those things that will still be messed up a year from now?
@services

Hey @weihenweizen,

I’m removing the regions from the cities so there shouldn’t be anymore duplicates. Will have to come up with a way forward to have better region mapping, etc.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

1 Like

What do you mean by that? Metros or States?

You better not remove totally the Metros, just don’t use them right now for the listing if you are going do resinstate them back in the future , that would be a lot of work to readd the manually.

Sorry, I should have more specific. I’ve removed the display of the Metro’s as they’re not displaying properly on the cities page. I’m not changing the database though. Will look at reimplementing them to display proper in the future.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

1 Like

Let me know if I can help.
@services

Thanks @weihenweizen.

Best thing is to let me know where there are issues. And if you can offer any insight on how the metro’s should be defined/displayed. That would be helpful.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

1 Like

North Carolina does not need both Winston Salem and Winston-Salem. Both Fuquay-Varina And Fuquay Varina.

Harper’s Ferry listing for West Virginia seems to be a broken link.

Okay, the cities are generated from the places that currently exist in the database. I’ll fix them.

Is Winston Salem correct or is it Winston-Salem? Same with Fuquay-Varina?

Looks like the apostrophe is causing issues. Will fix the data now.