PLACES DIRECTORY PAGES (COUNTRY/STATE/CITY/) Bugs and Feedback

This one should be fixed now.

I’ve updated these places, so it’s now Winston-Salem and Fuquay-Varina.

Ohio has two listings for Columbus.

You simply need to go in the place entry edit it and save it, it should remerge the 2 cities into one.

I just merge almost 20 US cities that way in the last minutes

On this URL
https://www.ratebeer.com/places/countries/213/

Those cities don’t list in the good order alphabetically and most are duplicates
1 (a ghost city)
Austin 2
Berkeley 1
Charlottesville 1
Columbus 2
Garden City 1
Milwaukee 1
Portland 1
Poughkeepsie 1
San Antonio 1
South Portland 1
Sterling 1

Those cities are duplicates because one of the entrie must be named “CITY,” instead of “CITY”, but in the city pages they appear as the same
Baltimore, 1
Portland, 1

Those city links are broken
Albuquerque 0
Seattle 0
Portland 0
Eden Prairie 0
Exeter 0
Fort Myers 0
Gilroy 0
Bristol 0
Brunswick 0
Clemson 0
Durand 0
Poughkeepsie 0
Portland 0
Weyauwega 0
Westfield 0
White Bear Lake 0
Rochester 0
Eden Prairie 0
San Jose 0
Santa Teresa 0
Saratoga Springs 0
Savannah, GA 1
Seattle 0
Shawano 0
Atlanta 0
Austin 0
Minneapolis 0
South Lake Tahoe 0
​Romulus 1
41 Secor Rd 1
a 1

also, for whatever reason, in the country pages for countries with regions (CANADA, USA, ENGLAND and GERMANY), if there’s 2 cities named the same within the country, but in different states, their place entries total are merged together on this page but clicking on the link sends us to one of the city @services

St. Paul 10
This entry says 10 places in it, but there’s way more in it
St. Paul 27
This entry says 27 places in it, way can just see 1
(I fixed them)

@services
Can you fix the saint / st. mess…the system treats them as the same, it should not because it messed the entries.
It would be better to separated them saint vs st. vs st and manually correct them than the way it works now.

I should have the ability to do this?

Isn’t everybody able to edit place nowdays?

1 Like

Correct, all the places listed are from the database, so if there are discrepencies.

i.e. someone adds a place with the city Winston Salem and another with Winston-Salem then both will show up in the countries list… these can be fixed by updating the places with the incorrect city name (which is all I did earlier as well).

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

1 Like

Can you fix city names with a comma after them? (SITE WIDE)
They appear as separate cities in the country listing but they redirect to the same city page AND there’s no way to tell the difference because their addresses are displayed the same and it’s s a pain to find which one(s) are not entered correctly (especially for bigger cities with 50+ entries)

I can have a look at the data and attempt to rectify them one by one (well city by city)…

Well, most cities that way should be duplicates not created by spelling errors or interchangeable names in it (Ft. Vs Fort, Saint vs St.)