APP Global Feedback & Bugs Updates

@Viper666.Qc

I’ll start posting release notes as of the next build and will try to reference this feedback…
Meanwhile the following should also be fixed:

FIXED in version 2.6.8

• For the Sorting Options: “Closest Match” in french is wrongly named “Rencontre”, it should be “Meilleure Concordance”
  • In the Beer search result page, the Add Beer button keep disappearing when there’s lot of results because the results keep the page expanding when scrolling down.
  • MY YEAR IN BEAR: nothing loads

As for the Twitter/Facebook links I believe that’s controlled by the device, we just fire a request to open that URL… for example Facebook opens in a browser on my install, but Twitter will open in the app itself. At least on Android, just check under Settings -> Apps and notifications -> Default apps -> Opening links.

1 Like

@Viper666.Qc

I’ve been speaking to Joe about the alias beer. I just wanted to find out why do you want to see the original (unaliased) beer on the mobile app?

There was a decision made since we don’t want interactivity with a beer once it’s been aliased that on mobile it should always go to the aliased beer. With which Joe agrees with as well.

Can you let me know your thoughts?

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

Because some beers exists as 2 different name at the same time and have different descriptions. They can be commercialized with 2 different labels at the same time so having access to both pictures and description is important.

And finally, the newest version of the beer should be most of the time the main beer, not the aliased one since the new product is what people will search for, not the old version of the beer. (but the old version is still important since it has its own label and description… It should not be automatically redirected… It must keep its own page)

@Viper666.Qc

Looking at the desktop/web site we don’t show a lot of that information… for example:

All we’re showing is the name, which is reflective too on the mobile app. We can look at having a compromised view for a beer that is aliased with a link to the aliased beer if needed.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

Well this is wrong to work it this way in the first place…

I posted on this before

@Viper666.Qc

Thanks, I’ll have another look with Joe and lets see if we can come up with a better solution… Will get your input as we get further along.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

@SERVICES

The purpose of an alias is to provide a recognizable name for an aliased product and steer the user toward the target product. The purpose for the alias page is therefore, mere recognition/identification. Is there a real additional set of purposes that I’m missing?

Yeah but in some occasions, 2 products are commercialized at the same time (with different labels and descriptions) so we should have access to the 2nd (aliased) product.

Most of the time, the NEWER product is the product we find on sale and on shelves so it should be the product we see and available now (and the older iteration should be aliased… But still accessible with description and picture, to keep track/history of it). People who drank a beer under the newer name and label don’t automatically know the older alias…when then check their own ratings, they see the older beer name and label, which they my never have heard of…

as for Facebook, on my part, my android Facebook App is set to open facebook.com , www.facebook.com and m.facebook.com links but they still open in my android chrome browser instead…

added this today to the list of required things missing

BREWER PAGES
Missing the OUT OF BUSINESS / CLOSED mention for Associated Place

BREWER SEARCH RESULTS PAGE
Missing the OUT OF BUSINESS / CLOSED mention for listed entries

BEER SEARCH RESULTS PAGE
Missing the OUT OF PRODUCTION mention for listed entries

@services

1 Like

@Viper666.Qc

I’ve had time to look into this, and after some refactoring of how the markers are drawn, etc. This issue should be resolved in the next build. v2.7.0…

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

1 Like

Tried it and it works perfectly now.
the RB map on the app is now something very reliable.

Awesome, well I’ve pushed the iOS and Android builds live for 2.7.0.

Hopefully this helps the rest of the community too.

1 Like

Isn’t this exactly what’s currently shown in the mobile app?

This is getting fixed for the next release. Going to make it smarter on the retrieval of beers. I’ll also check if I can get the attribute scores loading nicely on those rows (for both beer reviews + place reviews)…

No I mean what words you can include in the SEARCH. For example, there 60 versions of HEINEKEN brewed in multiple countries, but if I enter the BREWER NAME + BEER NAME in the search, i won’t get any result because those beers don’t include the Brewer name in their name.

Same for Places, if there’s 20 places with the exact same name, if I enter the REGION + NAME in the search, I won’t get results either because it only search in the name field.

1 Like

Okay, this is an API change for us then, once implemented it will affect how our web and mobile app can search.

That would be a good thing. This and having the advanced search included in every search result pages as well (instead of having to go through the old page from the bottom link)