BotM January 24: NA beers

For those attempting the whole Dry January challenge or just looking to cut down to start the year. While overall beer sales in the US declines in 2023 this sector grew 32% and there is indeed more NA beer than ever before.

Selfishly I am doing dry January so I’ll be filling this thread with my sober adventures.

3 Likes

Time to drink my Kvass.

3 Likes

Are Kvass still making it to US due to war? Still my lowest rated style I know you pointed me to a Russian market here in MA like a year ago but I still have never swung by to try and nab any.

1 Like

Lithuanian and Ukrainian Kvass are still available. Take a look at my recent kvass ratings. Russian kvass is too, but you shouldn’t drink it because fuck those guys. I guess there is no kvass embargo against Muscovy.

2 Likes

Let’s get this “party” started

3 Likes

3 Likes

Fresh add, still need more Dark and Wheat NA brews for my style goals so glad this is forcing me into it.

4 Likes

It’s definitely a fast growing sector in the UK. People like Mash Gang are innovating, collaborating with every modern brewer worth their salt and getting their cans out there. Often they cost more than standard beers, despite having zero alcohol.

I did dry Jan a few years back. I found regular week / two-week dry blocks scattered throughout the year more beneficial personally than one full month in one go.

3 Likes

Do NA seltzers count? :grinning:

2 Likes

C’mon. I was at the yacht club trivia night last night. I drank a whole can of gin and tonic from a neoprene stubby holder. I missed my chance at Heineken 00?

2 Likes

Sakiskiu Alco Free Pale Ale. A Lithuainian NA Pale Ale. Probably an alias of a beer I had a while back.

I’m not participating in Dry January, but whenever I order somewhere online, I usually buy every NA beer I haven’t had yet. Lots of choice during this time of the year for sure, NA beers are getting better and better every year.

3 Likes

2 Lithuanian shout outs so far I’ll have to be on look out.

I’ll have to add this brewery which only makes this one beer

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Eugene I drink lots of tap water but limit myself to a 10%+ brew every few days except like last month in Europe I rated 5 new countries and found the styles I like the best.

2 Likes

Back at it

2 Likes

Fresh added NA brewery out of Maine. Lots of lemon line on this hazey

2 Likes

I haven’t had any new NA beers yet this month. Back in October I had Samuel Adams Just The Haze, and honestly it was pretty good, probably one of only a handful of NA beers I actively think about.

3 Likes

Organic NA Pils, not bad, solid post-run thirst-quencher at least.

5 Likes