Brewver?

Tried importing my newest ratings for back up and Brewver error’d, now show a bunch of attempts at 0. I originally signed up at back-up in 2019.

There are a bunch of imports that seem stuck on In Progress.

Problem is when they error, they still somehow try process since I tried reloading a couple time. UGH!

Also have they though of getting a forum?

I’ve been pushing for a forum. Will continue to do so until it is done. If you have a suggestion for something that can easily be implemented and made to use an existing user database do tell.

1 Like

The newest ratings aren’t the last ones on RB’s download list, but the first ones. So the last 1000 you rated will be the first file etc. That’s probably what’s happening.

2 Likes

Of course why didn’t I think of that!

2 Likes

New ones seem to have gone through now. Glad it worked out.

1 Like

I think most modern forum software has the functionality to utilise an existing user database, whether or not they can be “easily implemented” will depend on the competency of the devs and perhaps also how their existing database is set up. But as long as SSO (single sign on) is listed as a feature, it should be usable.

Discourse is the software Ratebeer uses which we’re posting on now.
The RB devs seem to have done an acceptable job of implementing it - admittedly they still to this day have some teething issues, the Facebook logins and usernames sometimes getting messed up is annoying although it hasn’t happened to me personally for a long time, so it’s working fine for me.

Invision is another software which could be a decent fit.
Vanilla is another I’ve heard is good, though I’ve no experience with this myself.

Have looked some at Discourse since it is open source and free.

1 Like

I gave brewver a try, but I don’t see any easy way to export ratings and I don’t want to get into situation where I can’t backup my ratings.
Otherwise it looks like it has improved a lot. Hopefully it keeps improving (db needs a looot of work), and there will be viable alternative for untappd and rb…

Export on Brewver is possible without premium under your profile - Upload my Ticks. Scroll down and click download.

2 Likes

Same page as the imports. There should be a Download button. Possible to export both beer and venue ratings. Free to use.

1 Like

Thanks, didn’t realize that download is hidden under upload button . :smiley:
This will make my life easier in the future.

1 Like

Yes maybe not the most logical name. :slight_smile:
But no risk to lose ratings and not be able to backup them.

The database needs a lot of work still, if you want you are more than welcome to help out.

I also completely switched to Brewver a while ago. Main reason that I don’t like InBev, and the confusing and weird changes Ratebeer kept making. Brewver is clearly a work of love, the owner realy cares about the site and rating beer which is super nice. It still needs a lot of work, but mostly from admins.

I still use Untappd sometimes to find specific beers, and look at these RB forums every now and then, but I’m quite happy just rating on Brewver.

2 Likes

1 Like

A lot of work has to be done at Brewver. I searched for some Norwegian beers and found out that breweries were missing and other have just a couple of beers registered. Am I right:
UT - have all beers
RB - missing many
Brewver - missing to many, yet

Can you colour in maps at Brewver? Love that feature on this site.

I’ll stick with RB for the time being. It seems that there has been a change at “Services”; bugs seem to be being fixed at last, and the recent regionalisation of Australia (with Belgium hopefully following) gives me hope that RB is back on the right track.

It’s good to have Brewver as an alternative though, and I wish the people building it the best of luck. I hate the look, feel & lack of stats at Untapped, and Brewver feels like by far the strongest alternative to RB should RB not last the course.

I note no-one talks about BA anymore - is that dying?

5 Likes

Norwegian breweries are missing since there are so few norwegian users. If you export your ratings there will be more. But I agree there is a lot of work that needs to be done and more admins/users helping out are needed.