California here I come (2019 version)

Well done on the cider tick!

2 Likes

Thursday 20th saw me visit here; https://www.ratebeer.com/p/high-park-tap-house-mission-viejo/44918/

32 Taps, 40 Screens. Their Tap Thursday claims $2:00 off all taps and $3:00 off food ‘sticks’. That however that wasn’t the case on my bill, although they did knock off $5:00 when I complained. Luckily the beers and ‘sticks’ were fine and I got four new rates.

<*))))))><

3 Likes

@Fin, just booked two nights in your hotel.

https://www.thefinhotel.com/gallery.htm

<*))))))><

1 Like

Looks a nice place. Did you name-drop me to get your discount?

On mentioning you they didn’t want us to stay! :open_mouth:

<*))))))><

1 Like

Oceanside is up and coming, it’s no longer the ‘poor relation’ to Carlsbad and San Clemente.

First up for us was The Barrel Republic, pour your own beer. 48 taps to choose from. Some good stuff too.

Second place was the Northern Pine brewery, 12 of their beers on tap.

Third and final joint of the night is Mission Avenue, 28 taps and a laid back vibe.

Not too sure without checking but I think I have managed well over 24 new rates without really going berserk or power drinking.

<*))))))><

5 Likes

GToday saw us at Bagby and The Flying Pig.

Finished of the day at the Local Tap House, only two 16oz glasses, was rather full after the afternoon antic’s.

Why didn’t my parents buy me such a cool peddle toy?

<*))))))><

6 Likes

Hope you have a good trip, keep up reporting

1 Like

This is plainly a man who’s living the life.

1 Like

Love these updates.

1 Like

Before leaving Oceanside we managed to visit a couple of places I reviewed four years ago. First off a small Stones brewery outlet.

Second up was the Breakwater Brewery where we shared a Flight.

<*))))))><

4 Likes

Occasionally I just wish for the;

<*))))))><

2 Likes

I like pouring my own beer.
Is it with a card or bracelet?

It was with a bracelet @Bitterbill, I think the bar is part of a small chain of ‘Barrel Republic’ outlets, all with the same system. They also have taps with wine and cold tea/coffee if that’s your thing too.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Pouring your own beers is a tickers dream. I went to a place in NY where I got about 20 ticks in an hour or two for like $14. 2oz pours and half price happy hour is an excellent combination.

2 Likes

If I had my way, I would love to pour my own everywhere.
I see way too many people pouring beer and allow the tap nozzle to come into contact with the beer.

1 Like

There is always the chance of catching something from a nozzle that has come into contact with someones glass, which is why in the UK you always get a new glass with every beer, we never use the same glass twice just to prevent ‘cross contamination’ of cold sores, etc, etc.

The pour your own concept is great as long as everyone is clean and they pour without touching the nozzle with their glass or let it make contact with the beer in the glass as it fills.

<*))))))><

1 Like

New glass with every beer is mandatory where I live.

2 Likes

When I was in college I drank beer out of a shoe.

2 Likes

I still do.

<*))))))><

1 Like