Colorado
Drexel

Virginia
Colorado
Case Western

Virginia
Colorado
Cleveland State

WINNER!!! @huskertan, send me your address and style preferences.

Virginia and Colorado rejected me because my LSAT and GPA were well below their typical admitted candidate. I thought I might have a chance in a down year, but alas. My numbers were well within range at Case Western, so I have no idea why they rejected me. Maybe an overly sensitive Republican evaluated my application?

I’m a second-year student at Marquette.

Also accepted at Cincinnati, Michigan State, Kentucky, Chicago-Kent.

Wait-listed at Iowa, William & Mary, Indiana-Bloomington, Wisconsin, Richmond.

Applied to Pittsburgh, but they were taking forever so I withdrew before getting a decision.

And of course the rejections.

Thanks everyone! Thanks for thinking I had even a snowball’s chance in hell at getting into Harvard. I hope you guys will consider running a contest of your own this week.

1 Like

Thanks! Planning to host my contest later on this week. Will probably put it up on Friday.

Just curious, what ended up making you choose Marquette over the other four?

Michigan State has conditional scholarships, so fuck them.

Got great scholarship offers from the other three. I was kinda meh about living in Kentucky long term, and about 98% of their graduates remain in state, so they were out.

Chicago was just too expensive to live even though they gave me the best scholarship of anyone.

Cincinnati was my 2nd choice, and I was unable to choose until one of their deposit deadlines arrived. Cincinnati has a great vibe (both the school and the neighborhood it is in), is the home to the Ohio Innocence Project, and has it’s own Supreme Court Chief Justice / US President. Making the choice even harder was the kick-ass local Ratebeer crew.

Several factors weighed in Marquette’s favor. The main ones were the classes seemed to be more practically focused, the administration was top notch, and diploma privilege, which means I don’t take a bar exam if I stay here (and I’m in the same boat I would be anyway if I don’t stay here). I literally get sworn in as an attorney the day after I graduate. Other factors were the weather (less hot), cuisine (beer, cheese, sausage), and Eckstein Hall is probably the best law school building in the country (which I’m sitting in now posting on RateBeer instead of reading about compelled production of documents). A nice scholarship made the cost of attendance only about $5000 higher over the three years than Cincinnati, and that doesn’t factor in the cost of not having to do bar prep. More than halfway in, no regrets, other than the occasional regret all law students have… going to law school in the first place.

2 Likes

As a law school graduate the regret is real (says I in a cab on a cold night home). Keep at it!

I applied to UVA as well, but I actually have a decent LSAT score.

How did the whole “go fund my beercation” thing go?