How much longer will you "Ratebeer"?

RateBeer to the/my end. Miss some of the old stuff - awards - some of the new “social media” aspects just take a bit of adjustment - and then much easier and much much more relevant than FB. But in some ways I think the new has connected me more than before. Only sadness is all the negativity. Think positive all!:grin:

4 Likes

Thanks Ian. I’ve been thinking about it and will probably stay on the site but just rate a lot less if/when things change…

1 Like

Rate places forever :star_struck:

4 Likes

If I haven’t left by now, I’m here forever…

10 Likes

I wonder how many are still here. I Know my Forum use has pretty much died since i last commented here.

my RB rate chasing has dies during covid.

And while i Still rate every beer i cant help but think were in the last death throws of RB

4 Likes

Site is working perfectly for me. Something must be keeping things going.

6 Likes

Well I’ve actually spending more time on the site in the last 18 months than I did back in 2018 when this tread started. The regions added last year was a excellent addition if long overdue by all counts, we can hope there will be a few more countries added someday. Really hope it carries on!

6 Likes

I think the lack of intervention is a huge boon.

3 Likes

:frowning:

1 Like

1 Like

I’m still here, but have moved most of my attention/care over to brewver. Though the database there needs a lot of work at least it is being looked at, something I can’t really say about this site anymore.

5 Likes

Is it just me or Ratebeer App vanished from the App Store?

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of having a separate app for everything, so I’ve literally never used it. Is it still viable?

I know some people use it, and it seems to work well.

Does your flip phone even run that powerful of app?

Only when I’m not maxing out power with Minesweeper.

1 Like

I changed my mobile phone. Now the rb app is gone. Its not longer available in the European app store! I did like the app for for fast searching for beers. Will it be back soon?

Lol

1 Like

Heh, this is my first time checking on RB in months, so it was kind of funny to see this topic. I think I drifted away for a few reasons. One, I didn’t care the new site design and all the various little bugs and stuff, but I think I probably would’ve gotten used to that if I had stuck around. Two, I was finding myself drinking the the same 6-7 styles and therefore writing the same 6-7 reviews over and over. Finally, though, was that as our local beer scene has exploded over the last few years and I started to realize it was a lot more difficult (and less fun) to write an objective review when you are good friends with the owner or brewer or bartender.

Any way, March 5th was my 20th anniversary here.

12 Likes

I feel more comfortable contributing here now because a lot of the bro culture is gone. Ten years ago, I barely noticed my local scene & only attended hyper local events. Now I see fresh faces & energized veterans coming together & not being dicks. I’m also older & care less about specifics & am more big picture focused. Whatever happens, let’s all just try to gravitate towards the same place & attend each other’s gatherings/funerals, because it realistically will never be as simple as it once was.

15 Likes