I hit 1500 unique breweries

I’m always keen to try new breweries and I’m on the long chase to get on the unique breweries list, got a long way to go though.

2872 rates from 1288 unique breweries

At the yellow place I reckon that I’ve probably tried beers from enough different breweries to make the RB ‘Top 100 Unique Breweries’ list but that’s taken 7.5 years and I’ve not been rating here nearly so long.

Possibly a comment that shows I lack dedication compared to some of you guys, but realistically I’ll never be in a place where I can rate every beer that I sample on RB, so I pick and choose from my UT list to an extent. Will just keep chipping away.

Love stats, and I do enjoy making it onto lists.

2 Likes

I do look for new breweries if I can and have done since taking notes/recording my beer drinking. My 2913 different ones from 12,457 rates comes out at a ratio of 4.27.

The 12,457 rates includes ciders, sake and meads, but the 2913 breweries doesn’t include Cideries, Sake Producers or Meaderies, so the that ratio isn’t really a true reflection.

<*))))))><

Is that true? I thought sake and cider were contributing to my numbers. I’ve tried almost a hundred sake producers I’m pretty sure.

That’s the best way to take things - everybody has their own pace.

1 Like

You are right! if you click you brewery count in profile then click by country, then export that list you’ll get actual amount. I’m at 1905 then!

Hi @jow,

Thanks for that information about finding country totals that include other ‘drink producers’, this site does hide items well and test you to find some stats.

I’m not going to check 155 countries worth of breweries, etc. I will just adjust my ration to 4 from 4.27 and I bet I’m not far off being exact.

<*))))))><

You don’t have to manually calc we have machines for that, haha. Your at 2913 for beer breweries as you know; the full count with ciders and sake and mead for you is 3052.

1 Like

Told you it would be dead on 4. The ratio is actually 4.08.

<*))))))><

Think you have to be careful trying to determine brewery numbers, looks like maybe collaborations count against multiple breweries? Maybe I’m wrong, but none of my numbers tally - 287 breweries, 304 by the country list (and I’ve not had 17 ciders/meads/sakes) and 364 by the Most Rated list, so totally confusing to me!

Yeah, I realised this a while back. Used to make an effort to try new cideries but don’t really do that anymore.

My 3091 rates come from 992 breweries according to the official stats or 1080 if I add up the country totals (and that difference has always been bloody irritating). Gives me a new brewery pace (nbp) of either 3.12 or 2.86.

I’ve always tried to rate as many difference brewers as I can & there’s plenty more new ones out there, so hopefully I’ll be able to reduce my nbp in future (for my native England I’ve currently tried 34% of brewers, 10% of meaderies, 8% of cideries and 0% of the single sakery on the site, so plenty to aim at).

Actually, shouldn’t it be new producer pace (npp) not new brewer pace, to allow for producers of fruit, rice & honey juices?

2 Likes

1,494 from 5,054 rates. The Beer Hawk Advent Calendar should see me pass the 1,500 mark shortly (although not today as it was a Magic Rock beer). So a new brewery every 3.38 rates.

Edit - since posting this I have had no new breweries from advent calendar and don’t think I have any in the cellar. May have to buy some random supermarket beers so that I can reach 1,500 this year.

4 Likes

Wow, that’s some major collabs you’ve been finding then… :wink:

2 Likes

OK - after buying some rebadged beers in garden centre at Royal Horticultural Centre - Wisley, KEO lager and Amigos tequila flavoured beer at ASDA, managed my 1,500th brewery, Uffa, at the White Lion brewpub in rural Suffolk. So oldschool the casks are on stillage.

4 Likes

1,359 unique breweries from 3,489 rates. Average of 2.58 beers per brewery. It’s pretty rare for me to come across new breweries stocked on Jersey, so when I travel I tend to go for a wide haul of breweries every time I shop.

3 Likes