New Place Types discussions

And what about REAL ALES? Is this still a thing?
SEASONALS sure isn’t useful anymore, everywhere is so single batch novelties now…

Is SINGLES meant for TASTERS / FLIGHTS?

Ideally, they shouldn’t be removed… But if they technically cannot add new fields from the old Edit Place page, I would rather see more useful tags like those mentioned above

Cash Only
Pet Friendly
Tasters / Flights

Rework Bottles to:
Bottles to Go
Bottles on Site consumption

We have Growlers but it’s not showing right now

And first of all, are these things doable @aww @joet @services

Err… don’t let CAMRA hear you.

YGTBSM…CAMRA = Campaign for Real Ale

I can hear the UK forefathers rolling over in their graves as people read this.

1 Like

I understand, but do we need an entry for Places that country-specific?
This is only for UK

Many places serves Cask now …

Then why wouldn’t we add an option for: Randalls? Authentic Trappist Ale, Independant Craft Certified from the Brewers Association, Authentic Hladinka Taps…

Nope. Cask or firkin in the USA usually means real ale. And don’t miss the fact that most all Sierra Nevada products are refermented in the bottle (don’t know about cans) so real ale. There’s a ton of real ale everywhere, but it is often not labeled as such. Maybe instead of real ale, we use:

Living Ale

…ok but do we need a Tag in Places for that?

The place serve casks once a month for special events, do we tag this?
The place sell bottle-refermented beers from many brewers, do we tag this?

My point is, people can see if the place have Casks by looking at the current Beer Menu, maybe they will have some, maybe they won’t…

Yeah, again, let’s not invent terms nobody ever uses or would use.

Yes, yes we do - it’s an important cultural thing in the UK. It means a place that has casks regularly.

2 Likes

Looking at the polls - two thirds of people (and I haven’t even voted) are AGAINST Liquor store as a separate place type. So in with the grocery / convenience store it goes.

Looking at the polls - an overwhelming majority of people are FOR removing Seasonals and Proper Glassware.

I will now create two more polls to handle some other questions that popped up.

Shouldn’t Liquor Stores, Wine Stores, and Drug Stores be under Beer Stores?

SHOULD WE HAVE A “BEER STORE WITH TAPS” or BEER STORE/BAR CATEGORY SEPARATE FROM “BEER STORE”?

• YES (as Beer Store with Taps)
  • YES (as Beer Store / Bar)
  • NO

0 voters

No. It’s a distinction with stores that focus on stuff that’s rateable here and stores that also sell stuff that’s rateable here while focusing on other things…

SHOULD BEER STORE BE EXPANDED TO BEER/CIDER/MEAD/SAKE STORE?

• YES
  • NO

0 voters

I don’t understand what you are trying to say. Currently in the US most bottle shops, liquor stores, wine store, and drug stores are listed under Beer Store. Is this different in Europe?

Hm - yes and no, but technically, I see what you mean as well. It’s more logical to group them together like that. Beer / Alcohol Store and yer done.

Any updates on the Brothel / Strip Bar?

5 Likes

Please don’t use Alcohol Store in any part of the naming system. I like that cider/sake/etc. are included on the site but we don’t need to neutralise site language to comical lengths to accommodate them, IMO.

1 Like

Those are all currently Beer Stores. We could leave it with that name and have check boxes for cider, mead, and sake to let people know those are available.

2 Likes

All good feedback, especially Cloin’s, which is being voted upon in OTD.

Do we have any listed on this site? I am sure some of them have a good craft selection these days.