STATES / REGION for all countries

All 16 regions have (or in Southland’s case had) at least a few breweries. Your 33 rates give you (I think) 10 of the regions already.

If you were to lump Auckland and Wellington into the same region there would be an outroar. I think many Wellingtonians would rather not see a split than be classed the same as Aucklanders (and vice versa).

There are around 8 long-term active users I think. Nobody who rates huge numbers each month (since I left), and I don’t think any use the forums, but it ticks along fine.

3 Likes

Looks like we have a pretty good idea at this point based on the poll what forum users want at least. Netherlands a clear lead on next split, then Italy, Spain, Poland and Ireland in that order. After Netherlands, the others have shifted up and down a few times since rating started. @services

2 Likes

@solidfunk

Agree, looking at the poll, the Netherlands definitely looks like it’s next on the list. I’ll look at implementing that in the next day or two.

Regards,
Services

4 Likes

@services
I have started a thread in Admin to get Netherlands Admins buy in to the split of regions and to see who will lead. I have added a link for you and list of the regions we know of.

5 Likes

Can the local admins please be consulted with next time before the process starts? I appreciate the enthusiasm of some but those who will likely do the bulk of work or will have to give more local input should be the ones commenting here before a split is done.

For example, the Czech split was done in a pretty terrible time for us locals and “locals” and with the need to review the brewery and place lists, letting others grind away was out of the question.

3 Likes

@marko, where is the fun in that idea?

We can’t have rational thinking on here, chaos is the way forward with Admins and @services trying to sort everything out while the site falls apart all around our ears!

I for one appreciate the work being done ‘behind the scenes’ here on the site by the admins and @services. Thanks!

<*))))))><

4 Likes

I’m definitely not an expert on the behind the scenes part, but doesn’t it eventually get sorted out? The trick has been to get them split, which hasn’t happened for 15 years. As soon as we start putting obstacles to that happening, aka every admin being consulted, council taken and TPS reports filed, the chance of getting any individual country split slows way down.

The community and admins can take care of the grunt work at their own pace, whenever they want. The trick is and has been creating the infrastructure so we can do that.

3 Likes

The problem is the fact that these are manual labor intensive for admin, still all volunteer boots on the ground RateBeerians. Many of these countries do not have post codes like US and UK to differentiate the regions. While it’s easy to build the system that masses “vote on” it doesn’t make it easy to action for admin.

I’ll also throw in that when Czech was split and moves made takin several days in a weeks time, there was several people (bitching) asking for updates as to when is it going to be finished. While others passive aggressively posted daily (or several times a day) updates to how many counties people still need but xx number are still outstanding movement. So while it’s valid to continue systematically separate countries in regions, it’s never fast enough for everyone.

4 Likes

For sure, fully agree. For my part I’m just trying to help get as much organized before countries are split in terms of getting quorum on what regions, how many, and what they should be called, or some agreement at least on what country’s next. United Nations type diplomacy shit, haha.

I’m not always sure all those comments are intended as passive aggressive. I think people are just excited. I see them more like the “can I open my christmas presents yet” type comments than “why can’t you admins get your shit together” type comments. But ya, we should always probably use an extra dose of patience and understanding.

4 Likes

You did get the new TPS form. I left a copy on your desk just in case.

1 Like

ya, no, I got the old copy… it’s right here…

I was one of those; thought it was part of the fun as new areas became ‘active’. Didn’t realise it was seen as Passive aggression. It’ll not happen again from me.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

You just focus on that new female member from Essex who joined today :thinking:

Who she?

<*))))))><

The one who left after looking to join in the county stat post !

1 Like

Yea not sure how’s that passive aggressive. Simply posting out of excitement for something that people have been asking for years. That’s why I posted anyways. The stats are main reason I enjoy site.

5 Likes

Is there a most countries/regions visited stat?

2 Likes

There is for countries ratebeer top place reviewers | RateBeer.com

but not really for regions, however for each of the four old regionally split countries there is a list

1 Like

Nice to see the Netherlands split is live. Great work @services and the admins.

4 Likes

Fab! Many thanks to everyone involved! :smiley: