Unable to login in

@rauchbierlover Apologies, can you try development@ratebeer.com ?

1 Like

Mobile phone

https://www.ratebeer.com/latest

I have the same problem. The workaround I found was trying to click on one of the membership pages and logging in from there. But it still does not register on the main site.

As you can see though Iā€™m logged in for the forums, one level above is the main page and Iā€™m still not logged in
I also sent a panic message to admin@ratebeer.com earlier on

Forums log in do not work for me

Yup. All fucked up.

I saw a note saying this website is in ā€œread only mode until hosting bills are paidā€. I unfortunately clicked off and canā€™t find again to screen shot.

Managed to screen shot :slight_smile:

Thanks @CH-303 Iā€™m currently chasing this up with Discourse.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

@VDuquerroux
@Garrold
@rauchbierlover
@AndySnow
@marko
@hawthorne00
@Zlotta
@weihenweizen
@Taboada
@trapped
@bryne
@sloth
@Jow
@CH-303

Could you all try logging in via the main page again? Iā€™ve just run some tests after making some changes to our Single-Sign-On code. That initial testing has me logging in correctly from a logged out state in a clean browser.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

4 Likes

Seems good now for me. Thanks, I plan on getting to 5700 rates tonight so glad itā€™s resolved.

1 Like

Logged out, logged in there, seems to work fine! Good job!

1 Like

Glad itā€™s working, that was quite frustratingā€¦ and I can only imagine more so for all of you.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

1 Like

Thanks!

Yes, fixed both on desktop and mobile.

Thank you!
Paolo

Yes, ok :+1:
Vincent

Tried to edit a place and was prompted to signin while I had just signed in.

@weihenweizen

That could be an existing issue between our current and legacy platforms (legacy not liking the cookies thereā€¦)

If it isnā€™t and itā€™s continually asking you to login, can you please let me know.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

Resolved, thanks

Just want to let you guys know that the bug is still around. I havenā€™t been able to log on for months (works on my phone though). I tried contacting you on Facebook but didnt get a response. Then I found this thread and the workaround (logging in to places) still works. But I am not able to login from the main page. Iā€™ve tried several browers. Maybe make this info easier to access?

Itā€™s very much a known issue, itā€™s not from 2021, itā€™s an unrelated new one that started happening several weeks ago again. Joe is informed and has hired a programmer to work on it. Hopefully they make the update soon and fix the tokens that cause this.

The powers that be donā€™t read FB I reckon.

All info here: