Your Favorite Pumpkin Ale(s)

It’s that time of year again: when beer nerds start complaining about pumpkin ales. I personally think many of the mass-produced varietals are nothing more than novelty ales, but I do enjoy a couple every year. Schlafly Pumpkin Ale is a tasty (8%) dessert beer, and Bier Brewery’s Pumpkin Porter (which isn’t distributed) is my favorite pumpkin ale of all. What is/are your favorite(s)? Pumpkin ale haters, please ignore this thread; it isn’t for you, and your negativity isn’t wanted.

2 Likes

Why did you delete your post? No positive experiences to contribute to the conversation? That’s strange, because you gave Avery Rumpkin a 4.2.

I was posting a negative pumpkin beer meme and read your post again and saw you’re a regular poster so I deleted it.

1 Like

I like to try a couple new ones a year. Recent locals I like were Might Squirrel Gourdgeous Pumpkin and Greater Good Imperial Pumpkin. Maybe I’ll grab a new one for posting tomorrow.

2 Likes

I generally buy one 4 pack of DFH Punkin Ale. Also a MD. fave, The Greater Pumpkin from Heavy Seas. It’s a BBA brew. Haven’t had any in several years but Elysian makes a few interesting ones as well.

2 Likes

This one wasn’t bad at all! First time I’ve tried it this evening.

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of spiced ales whether they are pumpkin spice or holiday spice, but I am a ratings slut so I will always try anything new. The only ones I tend to buy for any reason other than rating are a couple of local products. Block House Pumpkin Ale from Pittsburgh Brewing is pretty tasty even if it is overwhelmingly sweet and I have always enjoyed Headless Wylie from Rivertowne Brewing. But a six pack of either lasts me most of a year these days.

2 Likes

Pumpkin stouts are still a curiosity to me. Otherwise, I’ll grab a DF or Elysian too.

2 Likes

Porter and Stout work well with the pumpkin spices imho. Had a few that were pretty damn good. I also see some pumpkin IPAs listed. That just seems Nuckin futs to me! They score well though!

1 Like

Save up your Pumpkin Ales for October BotM :wink:

2 Likes

Great idea

I generally avoid them but my wife bought the Schafly last week. That one was still ok for me. But likely one a season is all I can handle.

1 Like

Not too easy to get in Estonia nor in EU general. I’m sure something could be web ordered, but it is definitely not as easy as in US (I saw a couple pumpkin ales in NYC already in the beginning of September)