2021 Beer52 and other subscription sites

I have the Siren one. Would have preferred the Sailor’s Grave tbh.

1 Like

You can have my Siren one if you’re desperate ! I’ve no intention of actually drinking it

1 Like

Here’s what I’m due to get from Beer52 in February (mixed 8-pack). Definitely feels like they’ve been forced to play it a bit safe due to either Brexit or Covid. Hope this isn’t a sign of things to come…:

I get a mixed 12 package, hope the extra 4 in my box are a little more exciting than that bunch. Having said that only the Jaipur would not be a new rate and I don’t mind having a Jaipur again, and again and again!

<*))))))><

Oh dear, the Chouffe gnomes must have got trapped over here after Brexshit. Looks like I have a few I have already rated coming, although I go for the mixed case too.

1 Like

This is a newer version of Jaipur. I can’t see your rating on there, are you sure you have had this one?

1 Like

Hello! Thanks for pointing that out, I haven’t had this version (didn’t know there were different ones to be honest).

<*))))))><

1 Like

It’s a pleasure.

1 Like

Still no word on my To Ol Jan Box other than it’s dispatched. At that was 2 weeks ago. :angry:

First delivery of this over the weekend

Theme for the month is breweries from the Vale of Glamorgan, so it’s three from VOG and three from Tomos a Lilford. None of these six are listed on RB as yet.

2 Likes

They look interesting.

You going to add them, or have you stopped rating/ticking on Ratebeer?

Only ask because I’ve just stalked your profile page!

<*))))))><

@BlackHaddock here’s what the 9th & 10th beers in the Beer52 box are meant to be in February (don’t recognise the brewery on the left?). Don’t know the 11th or 12th ones are, but guess you can check your subscription page to find out?

1 Like

The one on the left looks like it is made by Irish brewery Whiplash.

2 Likes

Hmm, Boogaloo is still in Sainsbury’s, I believe.

1 Like

I don’t think I know how to do that (look at my subscription page): I like surprises too!

<*))))))><

Unlikely to be honest, I have only ever sporadically rated ticked on here, sacrilege I know but I prefer the ease of the yellow app (where these six beers have around 2,000 ratings between them incidentally).

I have always found the forums and Places the best part of Ratebeer by a long stretch (and do add place ratings here).

1 Like

No problem, each to their own; I’m not a Untappd sort as I don’t have a mobile phone.

<*))))))><

Sorry for the spoilers!

1 Like

Well I’ve just finished off the Beer52 Australia box and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the quality when I assume Beer52 and brewery margins would be tighter with shipping.

The two Kaiju! beers and Hop Nation’s oatmeal stout were very good I thought. The lowest rating I gave to Moon Dog Old Mate which I thought was just a run-of-the mill pale you can get anywhere.

I’m skipping the next box as it looks a bit dull even though I’ve not had any of them. Would have been nice to see more new breweries in there.

2 Likes

Yes same here, I get frustrated by the character limitation, especially when I want to add a lot of bollocks that only I am interested in such as who I am with, what I am listening to, what I am eating, where I am etc. However can certainly see its appeal for speed and ease of use.

3 Likes