205 Regions and counting

The other upside about the places is that while allocating regions it’s also easy to clean up duplicate town names, misspelled stuff and see duplicate place entries. Spain and Italy were pretty messy, now they look a lot more cleaned up.

1 Like

Blazed through Finland breweries over the past 2 days, haven’t touched Places though.
12 raters, all of them Finns, have the full set of 19.
The hardest region by far is Kainuu, with most of it being massive forest/lakes there’s not much there, just 1 brewery and 1 cidery to obtain your ticks from.

You now need 312 total regions to break into the overall top 50. It’ll be even more if this took into account inactive raters.

5 Likes

Some of these offenders don’t even try to do regular beers. Sometimes makes you suspicious

Wrong thread (drinking already?)

1 Like

:rofl: not quite yet, but should be apparently

It looks like some of the Japanese regions can’t be ticked unless you rate some sake?

Seems likely. Lots of regions are pretty traditional, and may not have beer

1 Like

Once complete I’d be curious if possible to get all prefectures (using sake) from America. I’m at 30 so far and I know I’ve had sake from at least one more with 70 rates or so to go. I’ll have to see if all prefectures distribute, I’ve been curious about this for ages

I am clinging onto the leader board with 316 different regions (equal 49th/50th). I have two Japanese saké to take me to 318, but I suspect I will fall off the end of the top 50 people once all the saké producers are sorted out and added.

Not too sure how I can find many of the missing regions for me, I don’t really trade and getting to South America (or anywhere actually) is a bit difficult at the moment. Russia and most of Scandinavia also see me wanting in so many areas. I will just have to be lucky I suppose if I am to increase my totals.

<*))))))><

Russia seems impossible to me not sure I’ll make any headway there.

I’m still in the process of fixing sake producers, and like I said it takes time.

Yea no rush.

Think I might have got very lucky on a Irish region. Was checking for beers from a Dutch bottle shop using https://beerizer.com/ and just before placing my order decided to use the country/region search function and they had a cider from County Cavan “Scotts Irish Cider (Medium Dry)” checking the below its the only tick showing for County Cavan - is this right? :slight_smile:

https://www.ratebeer.com/state/county-cavan/531/

No. There are six beers/ciders in the database for County Cavan.

Seven when I add another cider from that cidery (Scotts Summer Medium Cider) that I have in my cellar.

1 Like

Those old state pages are broken which is a bit annoying.
The breweries (and cideries) pages should be more accurate.

Indeed a very lucky find!

1 Like

I thought it must be a mistake only 1 item being under the region county link - still shows only 1 for me as per screenshot below - but yeah thought it was weird as Scotts also have the “Dry” cider as well. My view below…

The “Medium Dry” one I got appears to be sold out but if anyone else needs a County Cavan tick they still have a few of the “Dry” one left…

It is possible that it lists only beers with at least 5 ratings or something like that.

1 Like

I know the new ones don’t list breweries with no beers added. Not sure that’s the issue here though.

Should now be a brewery in every region of Argentina, since I just added a bunch to DB. So every region is achievable there. There are probably many, many, many more unadded right now given the state of things there.