22 Counties, finally on track

Presumably you will be finishing today in Bristol. Lots to go at there.

1 Like

Andy Partridge still lives in Swindon as far as I know.

1 Like

Arrived at Bristol, time for a beer and a meal at Barley Mow, before we walks over to get some Moor

Probably visit Small Bar before we take an early evening.
Our plan is to catch the 06:43 to Falmouth tomorrow . Lots of time in Falmouth before we go to Exeter for the night.

1 Like

This day started early, we catched the train to Falmouth as planned, but it was a small train consisting of only 3 coaches, so no 1st class for us, instead we had a nice 4 hour trip in a coach keeping the same temperature as outside, close to 0, so there was no way we could have a nap in those conditions.
Falmouth gave us a good lunch, fish and chips at Harbour Lights, before we ventured out to Hand beer bar, which off course was closed until 5-ish for clean up after a party, so we headed back to town and went to Beerwolf Books for a nice pint of Penzance Mild, the best beer of the day, silky and smooth, packed with flavour, last pint in Falmouth was at Front, and was a porter from Tintagel named Black Jack, also a winner.

Inside Beerwolf Books, all of us !

3 Likes

Sorry UK followers, Norwegian internal

“Gutta pĂ„ tur” Dere mangler bare Brimi med Sjarlottlauken til mĂ„ltidene.

Enjoy and keep up the good speed.

Front

Good luck guys and thanks for the updates, looks like a great tour so far.

1 Like

Could you not have picked up a London-Penzance train in Bristol? Although not all of them go via Bristol. In those cases you could get the the chugger to Taunton & pick up a London-Penzance train there. At least you’d get proper InterCity trains that way. Perhaps those don’t run early enough?

1 Like

Maybe we could, our main goal was to arrive as early as possible in Falmouth, so our choice was ratter limited. Back to Exeter we jumped on a London train, consisting of 10 coaches, so the struggle and freeze was easy forgotten in the warmth and service at our 1st class coach on our return. We got to suffer
 a bit
 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Update 4. of January.
7 counties done
15 to do
Our plan tomorrow is : Dorset, Isle of Wight, Hampshire, East and West Sussex.
No problem at all

You lucky bastards!!!

1 Like

Shame you didn’t get to the Seven Stars in Falmouth. It’s a rather unique pub that’s been owned & run by the same family for a couple of hundred years. Until fairly recently, until his death, the landlord was also the local vicar. I believe his grand-daughter is now running the pub.

1 Like

I have noted it down, if I go back to Falmouth, I will jump inside.

Its a cold morning out in the shires, this is near Axminster. We are well kept in a heated 1st class coach,on our way to Sherborne for our Dorset visit. Digby Tap.

3 Likes

Really impressed with your trip. And thanks for sharing pics and updates with us. Thats why I love the RB community. At the moment I am like: „when i am old, i wanna do the same“ - good and safe travels and cheers to great beers :beers:

1 Like

Dorset done, Digby Tap was a good old traditional pub, we had to bow to avoid some of the wooden beams, beers were all in good nick, nice service, and a nice looking village as well.

2 Likes

Love it, keep up the good work and let us enjoy your trip with you.

<*))))))><

1 Like