Beer52

Got a clearance box 20beers for £30 delivered to NI. Can’t really complain especially when there’s 2 running with sceptres and the lost and grounded marzen. Some nice pales and lagers and only 1 past the BBE.

My June selection arrived today.

Just the Adnams Mosaic being a disappointment really.

iPad playing up, will post a photo once it calms down!

<*))))))><

<*))))))><

1 Like

Although four of them are from a brewery that ceased trading over 6 months ago and at least one is a supermarket beer so whilst you don’t mind the beers they’re still being cheap.

Who brewed the Paradise?

I didn’t know Lost + Found had ceased trading; but I am low on beers from East Sussex, so no problem with those.

The Paradise beer is a ‘made up name’ by Beer 52 (they have done a few under the name) and it’s brewed by De Proef, like so many of their own beers. It’s classed as a Scottish beer on here though because Beer 52 is based up there and is considered a client brewer.

<*))))))><

Suspected it was one of them but isn’t on here yet.

According to the Beer 52 magazine they have helped Lost + Found A. BL to brew at De Proefbrouwerij. So all four cans are new beers.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Suspended this month, hope to be back in England next month to get back at beering and ticking.

On the question of cancelling. I found that easy. A simple email saying I hated that the Korean beers were all brewed at De Proef in Belgium, and there were no questions, just a reply saying they were sorry. I have received since a number of enticements back, but haven’t unsubscribed from the emails because every now and then they offer me good one-off deals which amount to £1 a beer including delivery. These deals will tend to include three or four beers which are near sell by date. The latest one-off deal was more expensive than usual at £24, but included Pete Brown’s Craft Beer book and a few other goodies that caught my interest. Not sure it was really worth it for me, as I tend to prefer malty beers rather than hoppy beers, and I often end up grumbling about the beers I get from Beer52, but there will often be one or two I do like , and I want to keep an open mind. However, I find BeerWulf is my sort of beer dealer. The focus on malty beers, particularly Belgian, and at the lowest prices anywhere, and very quick and free delivery, makes them my all time favourite.

2 Likes

July seems an interesting selection.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

Finally back to England after 6 months. Looking forward to this box from what I see in the photo.

The box has beers from Austria, Hungary and Croatia (plus two from Yankee & Kraut), so some unusual stuff for the UK. Although I did go to a Garden Brewery take over in London once (luckily the three tins in this box are all new to me).

<*))))))><

I’ve had a few from The Garden, but not those 3 at least from my ratings. I know there a few misses here and there a long the way, but overall I’ve still been pleased with the club.

1 Like

I agree about the overall quality and selection Beer 52 have sent me; one or two disappointments as you say but decent value for most of their offerings.

I will continue to stick with them for a while yet.

<*))))))><

1 Like

This months says it’s dispatched, but looks like they have new delivery company that shows still waiting from the vendor. :unamused:

Upped my number to 12, might have been a mistake, 6 new beers in this batch, of the 6 I’ve had 3 are available in local supermarkets.

<*))))))><

I think most will be new for me. I’ll see them in another two weeks as your monthly is ahead of mine it seems.

Longhammer’s been in Marks & Spencer, as I recall.

I just started on this box… Good so far!

A couple of comments on the subscription front. They make it easy to switch to one box every two months, what’s less easy is there’s also a one every three months option if you push it. That’s what I’m on now, as it means I can still buy beers elsewhere as well without getting quite as many sarky comments about the mounting pile in the house… :grinning:

If you threaten to cancel you’ll most likely also get offered a discount on the next box instead. Might be useful.

The gift cases and stuff will probably (I can’t say for sure) involve the recipient signing up. You/they can cancel, but on one gift sub I took out something went wrong and they still got sent the case after cancellation. However, B52 customer service were :star2: :star2: and said very sorry, keep the case for free.

2 Likes

Arrived home today from a little holiday to find these 12 beers waiting for me. Most seem to be brewed at De Proef even if the brewery name sounds ‘different’. All new rates for me, once I get around to drinking them.

<*))))))><

1 Like