Inbev pulling out?

So it’s okay to lie about them? Good to hear.

If I’m lying, prove it. Screen shot the admin forum topic complaining about this post, Marko, time stamps and everything. All I said was I heard the admin forum is being grumpy.

And as far as shitting goes, nobody was ever shitting on all admins who waste their time either. This is all being blown way out of proportion.

[Blank Post]

2 Likes

It’s not … move on

2 Likes

All you said was the admin forum was being “grumpy about us discussing the godly admin forum here in the peasant forum”. Which is quite heavy with implications. :wink:

Also, I sure as hell am not screenshotting anything from the admin forum and posting it publicly. I have that much respect for my fellow admins and the privacy implied by that board.

Anyway, to cut this petty bullshit, yeah. We are currently in a period of status quo, the site’s running, which is good and bigger errors preventing it from running get fixed if pointed out, which is okay, but I don’t see major changes coming for better or worse, without a change of ownership. What ZX wants to do with it… literally nobody knows. And that’s damn worrying.

1 Like

Multi-billion dollar international conglomerates don’t generally sell off minor assets for pennies, they shudder them and lock up the IP because if they’re not going to make money off of them, they certainly don’t want someone else making money off of them. It’s a commodity that is no longer worth it for them and they just throw it in the trash. Hopefully AB can let RB continue to run as-is for many more years, but it’s just as likely they’ll pull the plug and that will be that.

2 Likes

Ya this was kind of what I was thinking.

Hm, looking at @solidfunk and @marko discussion. I’ve mentioned pulling out doubts more than once here and probably in person to Solidfunk at DC tasting.

I don’t have any insider info whatsoever, but simply the way things are handled and silence from Joe and whoever is in charge of RB raises questions about the future of RB.

On the other hand what answer could we expect? Some corporate bs like “we stand firmly by RB and do not plan to pull out in forseeble future”? That would only make me think they’re pulling out.

Or something like “we plan to invest in RB over next 5 years and expect benefits after that period”? I don’t see happening either.

If I had to guess I’d say RB is in limbo waiting for some corporate rat to find out he can save on electricity bills if he pulls the plug out.

1 Like

Ya. As in, at some point it has to come down to whether or not you still pay the server costs or whatever. I don’t know what other costs are involved now that Raj isn’t here anymore. Maybe some subscriptions for site features on the back end? I don’t know enough about all that to know. Maybe some of the advertising on the site for non premium pays for the server and it continues perpetually even if Inbev stops caring? Or as long as Joe T still feels like putting the effort? As I understand, he’s CEO now and doesn’t own anything anymore. Presumably they are/were paying him a salary too as CEO? I may be remembering all this wrong from the last press release when they sold the second half of the site, the specifics anyway.

So far @solidfunk you’ve got the best info on Inbev pulling out. So please share everything you know. I’d like to hear more on this personally, it’s the first i’ve heard.

Really I don’t know more than what is above. Not sure anyone does really other than presumably Joe T. Just that the employee they used to have is gone for a while now and nobody new is come on board.

Oh OK got it. You seemed so sure, but there really isn’t much here, unfortunately.

I don’t disagree. I’m just being hopeful. I hate what has happened to RB and I’d hate to see it go away.

1 Like

Well I heard InBev’s pullout game was weak and ratebeer is already pregnant.

2 Likes