Region split for Denmark

Don’t worry, we pretty much struck Denmark from the list

But, can we split Greenland?:thinking::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Only if we trade Puerto Rico for it.

I just looked it up out of curiosity, seems like Greenland only has 4 open breweries from three towns. Not sure if they are in separate regions, whatever those might be. Maybe we should just divide them up by glacier? :rofl:

1 Like

Let’s split Denmark into the 98 municipalities :sunglasses:

1 Like

No way! Ratebeer is based in the US so let’s focus there. We should split up the US into its 3243 counties first.

Only if we can also have the 10,449 English parishes… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

We must go deeper. The 47,034 townships of China would be ideal.

EDIT: China’s so big they actually go to a fifth level. The six hundred thousand villages.

1 Like

However many streets there are in Denmark, this is what I want.

1 Like

No thanks! Wouldnt make sense!

It makes less sense dividing every country but Denmark. Just look at the Finland and Ireland split.

Whats the issue with the Ireland split ?

2 Likes

Thats the point. There is no isue. If we can split a small country in 26 or 6 regions why not Denmark? I am actualy for the split ups. I just cant understand why Denmark is not to be split up when Ireland and Finland can.

2 Likes

I queried your response as some folks didn’t agree with the Ireland split and a few folks said too many counties.

However I always (as half Irish) defended this as 26 relatively historic counties that have all been around for 150 + years typically.

Plus there is a lot of regional passion between these counties largely driven by Gaelic sports if admittedly limited beer history or variation between them in such a small isle.

As for DK land I will leave the locals to argue whichever way to go … sounds like most think this is futile but not my passion / argument !

1 Like

Basically it’s been put on the backburner. Most Danes other than you who spoke up about this don’t want it. That might be due to others just not being active on the forums, I don’t know. For me it makes complete sense but I’m not Danish and also have no idea how a split would be done, so basically that’s where we are. Perhaps after we’ve done like half the world the others will come around. Until then, Bulgaria next.

I agree not sure why size matters it’s just culturally what a country goes by. My grandmother was born in Ireland and all 18 of her American grandchildren can tell you she was from County Clare. Seems to be quite point of pride. A county I’m missing by the way will have to seek

I will rally up the Danes then, and we will be back when I have convinced them, Meanwhile you are doing a fantastic job, its fun to follow the updates.

Cheers
Henrik
PS I think its great with 26 irish counties…Makes me want to come back to Ireland when we again are allowed to travel.

3 Likes

Ya I think he was just comparing Ireland to Denmark sizewise, @Theydon_Bois . Saying “If we split Ireland, why not Denmark” rather than “Why did we split Ireland”

Denmark should be split like this:

• Bornholm
  • Djævleøen
  • Jylland
  • Øhavet
  • Skåne
  • Sydslesvig

Fyn can be ignored.

6 Likes

You forgot Altona😂