Sixteen Years on Ratebeer

I joined Ratebeer sixteen years ago today. While I used to be more active in forums, trades, and other community aspects of the site, I have done far less of that in the past few years. That is no reflection on Ratebeer, just changing priorities in my own life. I continue to check ratings and track my own consumption, but not much else.

However, as I look around today I’m noticing vast improvements to all aspects of the site. With the proliferation of other beer-tracking sites and apps, I’m proud to be a member of this pioneering community.

Kudos to those who have put in so much work and continue to improve the site/community.

10 Likes

bloody hell. Thats long service

1 Like

Welcome to the club!

2 Likes

User ID 2870. Respect :fist: and congratulations :tada:.

2 Likes

Think we exchanged comments on Samuel Adams Imperial Pilsner back around 2006. Back when exciting beer wasn’t all that easy to find.

1 Like

behensonb - that does sound familiar. Things have certainly changed… but the pursuit of the rare is still a powerful force. I’m just glad that I can so easily obtain high-quality beer almost anywhere. I recently found multiple craft beer options at a rural grocery story that carried one type of bread and only instant coffee.

Congrats on the milestone! Thanks for sticking with us, your contributions and the complements to those who’ve helped build the site. Cheers!

1 Like

Nice…its not easy to be member of anything for 16 years!

2 Likes

Kudos to you, and to all currently-active 4-figure IDs, long may you stay.

1 Like