STATES / REGION for all countries

@services we are ready to go with Scotland using the 14 area split. Let me know how you want the specific list and when we can start preparing.

3 Likes

Looks like Scotland is next on the list…are we to go with the following?

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

7 Likes

Yes please.

Are there known abbreviations for those 14 regions?

Its a decent list overall and more manageable than that massive counties list, but I think there is a good argument to split out number 12 - Orkney and Shetland as separate entities.

Nothing to my knowledge that is commonly / widely used

Okay, I’ve added the regions for Scotland.

Again let me know if there are any issues and I’ll try to resolve them as soon as I can.

Regards,
Services @ RateBeer

14 Likes

Wow, brilliant, that was quick. Thanks so much @services, I’ve been wanting this for years.

Thanks also to the admins who I can see are already busy allocating breweries to regions.

RB continues to get even better. :grinning:

6 Likes

Thought I might as well crack on with it

5 Likes

I’m joining in too. Just getting a feel for the regions.

7 Likes

I’ll have a dabble after my 1500 meeting is done

6 Likes

for reference to other admins I started at S and am heading up list

In the alphabetical list of Scottish breweries I’ve worked through A to R. Will now take a break… Most challenging boundaries are Glasgow city vs Lanarkshire / Renfrewshire / Dunbartonshire…

2 Likes

I’m back to S after my meeting … as you pointed out to me Glasgow/Lanarkshire are indeed a mini minefield

I’m looking up postcodes on maps for these and hopefully put them in the right place !

Looks like me that Lanarkshire has snook into a few addresses where maybe it shouldn’t have!

1 Like

Just had a look at my Scottish tally … we’re about 75/80% done on this now so pretty sure we will have it rattled off before tea time!

2 Likes

I’m covering closed breweries and cideries / meaderies.

3 Likes

working up from bottom of closed now

1 Like

Cheers Guys.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

<*))))))><

Thank you!

Any news about the new maps integration?

And thanks also to the admins.

:beers: :beers:

3 Likes

Awesome. Great work @services ! Best thing about this is probably how excited many members are. Stats nerding on full!

As tied vice president of Mexico with @sdaniel90 at 341 I support Mexico split!

Honestly in terms of the battle between most breweries vs most raters of a unique country, should be some balance. I’d say just keep drilling through them as they come ready. Having things together and easy to separate seems most key to getting more done right now. Just make it easy for @services and it will get done sooner or later.

For me, Denmark and Poland make sense because they have big RB user bases. But France, Spain and Latin American countries makes sense due to amount of breweries.

France and Italy also seems pretty high on both those lists. But we haven’t come to an agreement about regions there yet. I’ll start a forum post about that in the Italy forum. I’ve been doing duolingo so maybe I can bumble my way through a post in Italian with some help with google translate .

2 Likes