STATES / REGION for all countries

@LazyPyro Agree, Australia would probably be the quickest and easiest… I could probably do this one on my own as well, knowing Australia well… (yes I’m still in Australia for those following along).

@solidfunk Belgium I feel with you is the most popular.

@explosivedog The US is interesting, because I would assume that California would be stored as a state/region (at least on this level) and the Metro would be the breakdown internally. It gets a bit more complex and the US already has a fair breakdown already. We need to keep the database structure as simple as we can.

3 Likes

To make things quick and clear, I would say lets do Australia… It’s smaller, gives us a good idea of the work involved.

Belgium gets the popular vote, and I’m happy to do this after Australia.

I can add the states for Australia and get that going.

In the meantime could some Belgium admins get a concise list of all the states required for Belgium?

8 Likes

Awesome. Big thumbs up man @services, I think a lot of people will love this (though I’m sure a few very vocal dissenters will complain as well).
Let me know if I can help.
Who are the Belgian admins? Can somebody tag them here?

1 Like

As always, let me know when it’s in QA, I’ll be glad to try it and send you another 1000s bug reports :wink:

Thanks so much been wanting this for years! Australia and Belgium will be great.

1 Like

Okay, the states have been added to the database for Australia (to be technical, the 6 states and 2 territories)…

I’ll look if there is an easy way to allocate them to the correct brewers/places, etc.

8 Likes

Not a Belgium admin, but here is a start:

In English:

Antwerp
Brussels Capital Region
East Flanders
Flemish Brabant
Hainaut
Liège
Limburg
Luxembourg
Namur
Walloon Brabant
West Flanders
4 Likes

Yes, this is the list I use, but if there is a Belgian Admin tracking this we could do with some confirmation.

I didn’t realise there were two Luxemburg’s. No wonder I failed my geography exam.

(can’t wait to see how many new regions my 8 Aussie breweries rated account for)

1 Like

Yeah, it sits right next to the country of Luxembourg in the Ardennes. Pretty area with some long distant walks and good scenery.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

There are also two Macedonias. Also why Macedonia for the longest time wasn’t technically allowed to call themselves Macedonia

1 Like

I know that my Australia map is going to be all filled in except for Northern Territory, which will immediately become one of the hardest regions to tick.

I am somewhat hopeful that I might feature in the top 50 raters for Tasmania, which will be another tricky one.

1 Like

@solidfunk, 24 for me; 18 different breweries too, might even have covered them all already.

Place rated in Sydney too, so well on my way to taking over the world!

<*))))))><

2 Likes

I think most people over here in N America will pretty much have whatever state Cooper’s is, plus VB, if those are different. Choppin fucken wood!

Maybe this will be enough to bring the most famous rater ever back, @2pac

3 Likes

Most of us have the same issues with Canada over here, but still take a look at it and a new Canada rate is a big occasion :grinning:

1 Like

Obviously VB (Victoria Bitter) is state of Victoria. I’ve never seen in states though.

Pre RB during college I studied abroad in Melbourne for 6 months. Traveled and drank around much of country. Nothing to show for it now.

Here is me in 2002 still need to rate VB 18 years later

4 Likes

The next Beer52 delivery are 10 beers from Melbourne, suddenly looks like a well timed input.

1 Like

When will this be ‘rolled out’ (is that the right terminology?)?

<*))))))><

1 Like