UK Booze Cruise

Yup, and here’s the detailed breakdown:
http://fatphil.org/beer/stats/Britain_breakdown.html
The explanation of known missing points is a bit complicated, you just have to trust me that it’s as fair as possible.

2 Likes

Cheers for that.

<*))))))><

@FatPhil, if you add the Falklands Islands to the group I’d move up further.

Asking for a friend!

<*))))))><

There are other territories that might also be considered. Before I change anything, I’d like to know that there wouldn’t be another change soon afterwards, to try and preserve some kind of continuity.

2 Likes

It’s your ‘baby’ mate, do as you wish; I was only fishing!

<*))))))><

Loved this report!

Great suggestion for next summer (it’s not even that expensive!)

1 Like

Not done too badly eh considering no rates in 2 years. Make it the British isles and I’d be even higher (Ireland)

1 Like

Creating new country sets is really easy. I wonder who’s Emperor of the whole British Commonwealth…

1 Like

My guess is @fonefan.

Yeah, but have you seen the odds being offered - you’re gonna be creamed by the betting tax. (I’m just happy I’m in charge of levying that tax :-))

The Southwick Brewhouse is just a shop these days - the Suthwyk Ales are brewed by Bowman. The attached pub, the Golden Lion, usually has a few of the Suthwyk Ales branded beers on. Decent pub as well - it was where the officers involved in planning the D-Days landings used to hang out as the HQ was in the village, and Eisenhower and Montgomery would sometimes drink in the Golden Lion.

1 Like

I enjoy reading these sorts of reports.

Nice one. :+1:

2 Likes

This cruise is similar to yours. Looks good value

https://www.cruiseandmaritime.com/cruise/c920t/british-isles-cities-discovery

Yes, very similar. We paid around that amount too, went for the cheapest cabin choice and got upgraded to a joint with a window (which would have cost almost twice as much).

<*))))))><

Upgrading on cruises is quite common. Most people go for the cheapest cabins, and when they are all sold out, rather than turn people away, they keep accepting orders. Arrive early enough, and you’re likely to be upgraded from whichever grade cabin you’ve chosen.

Upgrading on cruises is quite common. Most people go for the cheapest cabins, and when they are all sold out, rather than turn people away, they keep accepting orders. Arrive early enough, and you’re likely to be upgraded from whichever grade cabin you’ve chosen.

Yes, we always go for the cheapest option and hope for the best. Food, shows and booze is the same for everyone, so why pay more unless you are anti-social and want a balcony with room service.

We are not ‘serial cruisers’ but we’ve done a few and loved each one so far.

<*))))))><

2 Likes

As in Hampshire?