Username change requests / user account problems

@joet can you help?

I’m not able to log in! Usually I’m always logged in. So can’t review beers!

1 Like

Same here. It says “thanks for logging in”, but I’m still not logged in. Same with Chrome on the computer, and Opera on the phone.

This problem has recurred. When trying to Add a Place, I get the very annoying “You are not currently authorized to add a place to RateBeer. You will need to verify your email address in order to enable this feature” message.

Ah-ha, I tried the logout/login thing again, it took two goes to log back in but now the error has cleared.

1 Like

I have been getting the “You are not currently authorized to add a place to RateBeer. You will need to verify your email address in order to enable this feature” message. But I cannot add my e-mail address. The box is there in account settings, but greyed out and logging out does not help. Different browsers and platforms, same issue. And suggestions from the group?

Log out & back in again, try again, if it still doesn’t work then log out and in again! Fingers crossed… :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

Just signed up on the main site, picked the username Myxogastrid, and when I finished registration I had been randomly assigned a different name that I cant change. Seen a few other people with this same problem, why does this happen? Can I get my name changed to what I entered initially?

Why not just let people change their username themselves? Tons of sites do that

Should be fixed now, sometimes it glitches hence we have this forum thread.

My last two ratings glitched & are on a doppelganger account. Logging in & out only gets me to the new account. Eeek!

Summary

@joet
@SHIG
@marko
@admins
@admin

Above my pay grade, but I bet it started with me delinking you from that sake maker

I still have the bottle behind that. Using it as cooking wine.

Kampai & Merry Christmas

I have access again. The doppelganger has been eradicated. TY!

@joet
@marko
@SHIG

3 Likes

Dear all,

when i created an account i gave in my own nickname and the system gave me this weird nickname, can this be changed?

Yes, do a user search and if it’s available I can change it. Just post what you want here.

Can’t rate beers anymore on the webpage. Can’t sign in at all. I can sign in on forums on laptop. Then on the webpage version on my phone it’s the opposite. I can’t sign into forums, but can sign into webpage cellpone version to rate beers there.

I just had the same thing but managed to sign back in using this legacy link: RateBeer.com -- Login